UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

It began with an over the phone interview. I had two follow up in-person interviews, and I had been called to continue the final interview would have been with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of working with a team? How do you prioritize tasks? Give an example of a adverse situation at work and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process took about 2.5 months from time of applying to the actual job offer. Phone interview first, followed by interview with immediate supervisor, and then a final interview with the manager from the clinical side.

Interview Questions

• What makes you stand out from other candidates? Describe a difficult situation that you have faced and what steps did you take to resolve?   1 Answer

Per Diem Ambulatory Surgery Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

three person panel interview, read behavioral type interview questions off a sheet and circled on the sheet according to my responses. they wanted a scenario and an example from practice; somewhat cold process, felt i couldn't connect with them, as they just read behavioral questions off a sheet and circled/wrote comments based on my answers. Also did a role play at the end, where they presented a scenario and then i had to pretend i was the nurse and one of the interviewers was the patient.

Interview Questions

• were you ever faced with a conflict with a coworker and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was average. I was given a personality and IQ test that you must pass. Background and drug screen are also given. After you pass everything, You must then pass the panel interview. If you pass all these, then a start date is given for your orientation and the how to's on how and where to get your badges, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Analyst IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume on-line.
    Within one week, phone interview
    10 days letter, on site, round robin interview with 7 interviewers, and 2 persons on the phone. That was difficult -- the phone part and incorporating those interviewers into the process
    2nd in-person interview with one of the phone interviews from the group interview
    Final interview with PI and Dept Adminstrator
    Process took 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe how your consulting experience will benefit us in this role in program management

Describe how you work and or get buy-in from people who you do not supervise   1 Answer
    • What do you enjoy doing outside the work place.
      Since you have not had a boss or one boss as a consultant, how will you handle reporting   1 Answer

Hospital Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

They did a phone screening first, Then if they like you it will be a second interview personal with the nurse manager and the last is another interview with the lead and procedure manager with the tour at the workplace.

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the hiring manager, then was invited in for 4, half hour interviews with various people in the department. The first in-house interview was through the phone, and the remaining 3 were in-person. It took about 3 weeks after that to get my decision (given through e-mail).

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you experienced conflict with a coworker or boss.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few weeks to a month later. Did a phone screening interview and was offered to come in for a 1-1 interview. I am currently waiting to do my 1-1 interview.

Patient Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Special note -- it took approximately 6 weeks from time of on-line application to being contacted for a telephone interview. Telephone Interview with the head of the department. Casual and friendly approach. He asked typical interview questions then allowed time for me to ask questions. I was told I should expect to hear back within two weeks of interview whether I would be invited to meet the team and then have a face-face interview. I have not yet heard whether I passed initial screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel called to serve our patient population?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through UCSF career website. It took about three weeks for an initial phone interview. After a week, I was selected for an on-site interview with the professor (pediatric liver disease) and another CRC. I was the first person. During the interview, people were really friendly. They didn't ask any hard questions. However, the hiring process is very slow. I waited about 6 weeks for their decision.

Interview Questions

• What's your care goal?
      Did you have experience working with children?
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question