UDR Leasing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR (Manassas, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional, fun, and I felt very welcomed by the staff! I showed up and was greeted by the hiring manager and we went over my prior experience and job history. I was then asked to meet the office manager for that location. I felt comfortable and they shared my excitement to come aboard and went over the business operations and their expectations from me. I was generally happy when my interview was done.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UDR

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UDR (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews after attending a UDR job fair in Alexandria, Virginia. Initially I met with the area recruiter, Tosha Brewer, who went over my resume and discussed the position in general terms. She touched on the scope of the salary, company culture and asked me questions about my job history.

I was sent to interview with two separate properties and various management over the span of a month. Both interviews were pleasant and relatively informal. No trick questions, they just want to get a feel for who you are. Personally, I'm very appreciative of their transparency with both job description and earning potential. Across the board, it seems UDR employees genuinely enjoy working for the company and agree that there is a lot of room for personal growth.

Despite the extensive interview process, I feel that the company took the care needed to find the right property and fit for me. I accepted their offer and look forward to a successful career with them!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UDR (Huntington Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This interview process was one of the worst experiences I've ever had. I had 7 interviews with numerous Managers. They all loved me, I walked out of every single interview feeling very happy and confident. I made a consistent effort to seek feedback on anything that I could improve on and all manager told me I was perfect for the position. Thats why I taken and shocked as to why the interview process took 2 months, was moved between several properties for potential placement and never got an offer. It was a waste of time filled with misleading hopes from upper management.

Interview Questions

• Why UDR?
      What qualifies you for this position?
      How would you handle an upset resident?   Answer Question

UDR Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize you had such a bad experience when interviewing with UDR. We know your time is valuable and we certainly did not mean to mislead you in... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UDR (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was threefold. I met with the district sales manager for the initial interview. She was extremely professional and made me feel comfortable during the whole interview. After that I was contacted by the area recruiter to schedule a second interview with the community director. Before meeting for the second interview, I created a profile on their job portal and submitted an application. After the second interview I was invited for a third interview with the regional manager. During each step of the interview process the communication was timely and thorough. I was kept abreast of all next steps in the process. The area recruiter responded to all my emails in a timely fashion and was extremely helpful through this entire process. Interviews can be extremely intimidating but I felt comfortable because of the thorough communication UDR provided.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UDR (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was amazing. Courtney made me feel very comfortable. Tosha the Area Recruiter was also amazing. The follow up that I received could not have been any better.

Interview Questions

• What made me want to change career paths   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UDR (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted to schedule and interview just two days after completing the online application. Tosha has been extremely helpful and informative along the way and answered all my questions in a timely manner. My interview went smoothly, I felt welcomed and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current job and why the interest in property management?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UDR (Alexandria, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I reached out to their recruiter through linked in. They set up a phone interview that same day and said they were looking to hire an experienced leasing agent for one of their properties. After the phone the interview they immediately set up a 1:1 with the leasing manager. I met with the leasing manager in just a couple of days and the interview went well enough for them to set me up with a second interview immediately with the property manager. I interviewed with the property manager for at least 2 hours and was told they are looking for a highly sales driven team member to bring on board. I was extremely hyped and anxious during the interview, I mean I was ready to start the job that day, if I could. The property manager kept saying that if I hold up my end of the deal he will try his best to get me in here. After a few days past i receive a phone call from a different recruiter stating that they want to set up a 3rd interview with the district manager, we eventually set up a 3rd interview on one of my work days. I arrived at the property 15 mins ahead of schedule and sat with the property manager, district manager and a 3rd person that did not disclose his position. The interview went on for about 45 mins and went very well, it was pretty much the same questions the property manager asked me during my interview but this time I had to explain in depth what my intentions were and what type of obstacles would prevent me from striving in the company. After the interview the property manager again told me you held up your end of the deal , I will try and get you in, I want you here. He asked if I had his contact information , I told him I did not but can email the leasing manger and attention to both managers. These interviews were all within a week and was located at the same property they were hiring for. After a couple days pass by I get an email from a different recruiter to set up a 1:1 at a different property at a very odd time in the middle of the week. I met with the recruiter , was on time and actually had to wait for about 30 mins before they realized was there at the property. The interview went very well and seemed like I was a shoe in. The interview lasted for about 1 hour, after it was done I felt really good and figured I was definitely going to receive an offer in the next couple of days.

Now after all 4 interviews I received an email from the original recruiter and was told they went with another candidate for the position and that they would hold my application and resume.

I felt like I was hoodwinked and was sent on a wild goose chase for no particular reason. I am really disappointed in the interview process and felt I was given false hope. I was really excited to work for this company and particularly this property.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UDR.

Interview

Took 2 days, not impressed with the interview process at all. Manager took me for a fool. Lied, ego present and insulted me by considering I apply for other companies. Her reaction once she realized I am aware was priceless. Seriously underestimated me.Interview took 45 mins and was very simple.

Interview Questions

• Who are your 2 favorite supervisors from your past?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UDR (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

What are your weaknesses and how would you help fix a tenants dissatisfaction?

Interview Questions

• How do you overcome outdated appliances and describe a work day?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UDR in June 2013.

Interview

Interview lasted about a half hour, the interviewer asked good questions, and it was a friendly atmosphere. They did take two weeks to get back to me with an offer, and the position originally was part time with no benefits, but they figured out a way to make it full time with benefits, but overall a great experience with them.

Interview Questions

Site was too far away from where I lived