UEI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UEI Interview Questions

2.9

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UEI (Stockton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

1st Interview is with Director of Admissions (more conversational that questioning)
    2nd Interview is with Campus President (if you have metrics from your last admissions or sales position bring them)
    3rd Interview is phone or in person with the Regional Director of Admissions (much more casual, if you made it this far you probably already have the job, but be prepared and be yourself)

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UEI (San Diego, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Called by the Director who setup an interview with me. Director of Finance met with me after I interviewed with my director. I met with the President of Campus 2 days later and my final interview was a phone interview with my Regional. The people here are great!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work for this department? What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate because I didn't have experience. Company is doing budget cuts so raises are not an option

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UEI.

Interview

One in-person interview before they made a decision. Was called by HR within 2 weeks of submitting my resume, met with the director of education. It was a friendly interview, no pressure or hardball questions.

Interview Questions

• None really, if you are prepared for the usual, i.e. "describe a situation where you dealt with conflict in the workplace."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for this entry level, although if you move up there is room for it.

Career Service Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UEI (Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

went to their website to apply. Was called in for an interview by Director of career Services. He interviewed me first then I came back for a second interview with the College president and then he brought in the regional director who happened to be visiting who did my final interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Needed to give many examples of how I helped students, handles stressful situations, being under pressure, and my communication skills. My relevant experience is what they honed in on asking how I handled students and their grievances and my strategies in getting students hired and getting employers to hire them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As this was a new position for me, when i was asked about my pay I asked the question right back and said what is the range for this position as I did not know. He stated the range and I said I as fine with that range. I did not want to throw out a number and get disqualified or have them low ball me.

Substitute Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UEI (Morrow, GA) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process is a joke. I interviewed with the Associate Director of Education, and that was the most informal interview ever. I was then asked to come back for a second interview, which was a teaching presentation in front of two other instructors. I was never called for 3rd interview which was promised, and they have conducted a background investigation, yet have not called to make an offer or to tell me that I did not get the position. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

UEI Boa Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UEI (Huntington Park, Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview 10-15 mins
    Mock Lecture: you do a lecture to a group of students and/or faculty; the main goal is to demonstrate presentation skills and audience engagement.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the demographics of a UEI student is in Hungtinton Park?   1 Answer

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UEI (Bakersfield, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

unprofessional and I was actually not considered, but with my persistence and company understanding (built a portfolio) allowed me a chance.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, either take it or not

Financial Planning Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UEI (Anaheim, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

UEI called a week before to schedule an interview with me for the Financial Planning position. Basically, the interviewer along with her associate asked me about 20 in-depth financial aid questions, really quizzing me on the details. Although I answered all of the questions correctly, I did find out at the end of the interview that they had been interviewing for several weeks to fill just ONE , yes ONE position. So, basically I knew at that point that my chances were slim because that opens the door for superficiality when you're quizzing that many applicants to fill 1 spot.

At this point, we must all accept that in this economy the employer treats 1 job opening as a pageant of sorts..pageant of unemployed freaks if you will...trying to see who will suck up or beg for the job the most and choose 1 pathetic soul for the honorable PAPER pusher role. Don't worry, I'm not bitter...

Based on what I've seen on this site, don't go if asked because you may just be wasting your time as it seems customary that this company overinterviews based on how few openings are available.

Interview Questions

• didnt really have any unexpected question, just be prepared to discuss anything financial aid related in depth and to actually bring in real-lie experiences of how you handled certain things, i.e. verification, c-codes, etc.   Answer Question

Career Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UEI (Irvine, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

My interview experience along with the 100+ individuals who interviewed was absolutely horrible!!! Unfortunately UEI College preys on unemployed individuals desperate for work. Imagine being brutally interviewed by 4 people in front of 100+ candidates and told that you must “sell yourself”. This went on for 3 days!!! Stay Away!!

Interview Questions

• The interview was conducted by 4 UEI College employees. They had a group of 100+ candidates being interviewed in front of each other. That right there was the most insane interview process I've ever been through!!! All the questions were ridiculous!!!   1 Answer

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UEI (Ontario, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview was somewhat unorganized. I felt the interview was rushed and not well presented. While I didn’t see any red flags, there were a few warning signs about how the position was described in the job description and what it actually is. I interview on a Wednesday and the position “had to be filled by that Friday”.
    I feel sorry for the poor soul who takes the job thinking it’s one thing, but then turns out to be some totally different.