UGL Services Quality, & Health, Safety, & Environmental (HSE) Manager/Facility Manager @ Genentech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UGL Services (South San Francisco, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied on-line for a Facilities Manager position but they wanted to interview me for the Quality HSE Manager instead. This was at Genentech SSF site where they were just setting up a team for the newly won facilities services account. In total I had 1 HR phone interview, a panel phone interview and 2 -1:1 interviews on 2 different days.

I had a brief first call interview with the HR guy who was calling me from Texas. We scheduled a panel phone interview for the next day. There were 2-3 hiring group people plus the HR guy on the conference call with me. They had pointed questions about my safety background and safety/facilities SOP writing experience, some questions about experiences directly from my resume.

Later that same day the HR guy called to set up a face to face interview. for 2-3 days later. That 1st interview was detailed and precise, all about the position. I don't recall any behavioral questions.

The 2nd 1:1 was scheduled again by the HR guy in Texas. for the following week. I would be meeting with 1-2 UGL people and maybe a Genentech safety person. Some schedules got crossed because I only met with one UGL guy and others were not available. The interview was again very much about the position and my experience related to it.

All of the UGL people were very friendly and welcoming. They really made me feel comfortable. I sent thank you letters to both interviewers. When a week went by and I heard nothing from the HR guy, I began the follow-up process. I left 2 voice mails for the HR guy and sent him an email, asking for--at least-- interview feedback if they ended up going with another candidate. Never got a response. I sent the same request to the safety hiring manager, interviewer #2, and he responded right away saying they chose another candidate with more safety and Genentech experience.

The total non-response from the HR guy after the fact did seemed unprofessional and knocked my image of the company down a couple of notches but the whole experience was positive enough that i would do it again if another position came up.

Interview Questions

• detailed questions about safety based SOP writing, CalOSHA, EPA, regulatory issues, SAP, my equipment calibration system I had set up for a previous employer.   Answer Question