UKFast.Net Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UKFast.Net Interview Questions

Interviews at UKFast.Net

2.7

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Step 1: I received a phone call and had a brief phone interview with a UKFast recruiter where they asked me about my current role and my aspirations. We discussed my training ambitions and the lady also explained a little about about the company. At the end of the called we arranged a FaceTime interview for a couple of days later

Step 2: I had a FaceTime interview with another recruiter which was very similar to the previous step, discussing my current role and experience. It was a good opportunity to ask about what the company does etc and they explained all of the benefits.

At the end of this interview I was invited to attend a group interview.

Step 3: I attended a group interview which was lasted about 3 hours and began with 3 of their recruiters stood at the front explaining about the company, the CEO and the future of the company. Need we had to all take turns introducing ourselves at the front and answering three questions. Which super power would you have, who is your famous inspiration and what is your greatest achievement. Next we took part in a group exercise and then completed part 1 of the psychometric test. We where given a tour of the office which is like nothing I’ve seen before - a bar, a slide from top to bottom and everybody seemed really friendly who we stopped to chat to. Finally we have a brief 1 to 1 with one of their recruiters which again asked about your expectations and mainly for you to ask them questions.

I received a call a couple of days later inviting me to the next stage 1 to 1 interview.

Step 4: I had a 1 to 1 interview a week later with their technical director which begun with me taking the next stage of their phsycometric test and then going through the data of them and seeing what it says about me. We spoke about the role and what the job involved and then I spoke with one of their development team leaders who gave me a detailed description about the role. It was great speaking to the developer and learning about their way of doing things.

A week later I got a call informing me they would not be offering me the job due to more experienced candidates, but all in all a very worthwhile experience. Everybody was nice to deal with and they said they would keep my details on file.

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net in December 2017.

Interview

Weird fun but I can’t see how they get to know you and felt rushed, however I got a decline interview.
    However I felt the person who interviewed me didn’t even read my cv and felt like I was there to waste some time
    I got a call a few days later saying I didn’t get the job saying they have other candidates lined up (this job has been on since August) and they have closed a few of the social media outlets

In summery seems like a great company to work for however I didn’t feel like I had a proper interview or asked any real questions

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

I can now tell that this company advertises fake jobs to get hold of your CV and skills information. This .Net Developer role never gets filled and it's still there 'vacant'.

I've been twice to a group interview for the same post of .Net Developer with very cheap excuse as to why I wasn't offered the job.
    There's a group exercise and a psychometric test on the day.
    In the first I was told there were better suited candidates.
    A few months later somebody from their team contacted me about a job at one of their clients saying that I had an excellent profile with an outstanding score on the tests. The job spec wasn't a good match though.

I then looked at their own website and the job I had applied for in the 1st time was being advertised again.
    I then questioned why I was an excellent candidate to a client of theirs and not for the job in their own company, which was a much better match for my skills. The lady then said it had just become vacant and invited me for a group interview again.
    I went and again I was told I had been unsuccessful for the same reason given in the first attempt.

Detail:
    In both occasions no technical skills were assessed and nobody else who was there had applied for the same position.
    In the second occasion, as the lady said the post had just been vacated, it meant that I was the first to be seen for the position.
    Yet I was told that there were better suited candidates.

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

an aptitude test is given to all people wishing to join, if you don't get into above 20/30 you might aswell move on. make sure you tell them if you have any special requirements as they will not bother to ask.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Hour long introduction session involving each interviewee standing up and saying a few words about themselves. A welcoming and rather informal conversation with a senior member of staff, then followed by some group activities in groups of around 6-10. Group activities listened in on by members of staff presumably so they can identify those suitable for the company.

Interview Questions

• What super power would you have?
      Your biggest role model?   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Interview

Application online and the online personality and competency questions which I passed an then had a very brief phone interview and was then invited to the assessment day.
    Assessment day was very relaxed but the computer questions were the same as the ones completed online so it was just a waste of an hour really.
    There was no body really watching individuals apart from on the 2 group exercises so they couldn't get to know you, and the one to one interview was timed and only 10 minutes long.
    They provide no feedback because they simply don't pay enough attention to individuals.
    I think they just follow hiring procedures by holding this many assessment days as it seems nobody gets the job and they don't really care about hiring people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a mini-assessment day which was run very smoothly and consisted of group intro with people applying for different roles, then a few group exercises, computer-based numerical/reasoning/character tests and finally a 10-minute interview.

I was quite impressed with the whole process and how relaxed it was. However, at the end I haven't gone through to the second stage and haven't been given any more detailed feedback than that they have had a lot of candidates. A bit disappointing really when I felt that I have done well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The assessment day was very informal and quite enjoyable. The staff were all extremely friendly and welcoming. My second interview was slightly more formal. I still found the staff very accommodating and friendly and although I wasn't offered a position, I was given lots of great advice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Very informal process, just sat on sofas chatting about the company and relevant experiences. Wanted to know all about my background and knowledge of the company. More about being the right fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Strongest area of marketing   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UKFast.Net (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, took quite a while to hear back but was contacted by a very friendly member of the HR department for a brief telephone interview, after which I was invited for an initial face-to-face interview. At the first interview, I was greeted by the Managing Director (a nice touch) who was very friendly, and talked me through the aptitude and psychometric tests that I was about to sit.

I didn't find the aptitude test particularly difficult, although it was stressed to me that most people don't manage to complete it in the given time, and not worry about it. The personality tests were a little intense, and very lengthy.

After completing the tests, I met with a lady from the Marketing department for more of a formal interview. She gave me a more in-depth overview of the role that I'd applied for, and answered some questions that I had. I thought that this part of the interview went quite well, and I felt confident that I was up to scratch for the role.

It took about 3 or 4 days to hear back from UKFast's HR department - the two ladies which I dealt with are possibly the most helpful recruiters I've ever encountered - and I was delighted to be told that there was some great feedback from my interview, and was invited for a second.

At my second interview, I only met with the Managing Director. He talked me through the results of my aptitude and personality tests. He was interested to find that my psychometric profile matched very closely with those of some of their top sales/account managers, and asked me whether I'd consider working in those fields, to which I declined. He told me that he was concerned that my profile showed I was 'too driven and ambitious' to fit in with their current Marketing team, but that he would think it over and get back to me. I left this interview feeling deflated - I'd obviously had to have had some positive feedback from their marketing department to get called back, and I'd have thought that you were either right for the company or you weren't!

It took around 10 days to get feedback from my second interview. Jonathan, the Managing Director, called me personally (again, what a nice touch) and told me that I had been unsuccessful. It seemed that nothing had changed his initial reservations about me, although he did give me some great feedback and words of reassurance.

All in all, I was very disappointed to have got so far into the process and be unsuccessful, as I desperately wanted to work for the company. If any UKFast management read this, my advice to you would be to rethink the importance that you place on your psychometric testing. Whilst I do agree that such tests can give you a great insight into the type of person a candidate is, it is in my opinion a very linear, subjective overview.

Interview Questions

UKFast.Net Response

Jul 31, 2015 – CEO

Firstly can I thank you for your feedback. Its invaluable and helps us continue to develop our systems and recruitment process so that we can provide the best experience possible. We recognise that... More