UL Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

UL Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at UL

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UL in May 2017.

Interview

Interview process was one brief over the phone discussion with an HR employee and then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Interview was one on one followed by a tour and introduction to the current team. Overall a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing as an engineer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UL

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UL.

Interview

Interview process was simple and standard. Meet with a few different people who you would work with in the role. HR was awful. I never received a call of acceptance or rejection. Eventually I reach out for them and was told they were going with someone with web experience as that was their focus this summer. Received another call a few weeks later asking if I was still interested and wanted the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UL (Fremont, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Large gathering of 40+ candidates, they seperate you into groups and have several managers interviewing at once. They call your name when ready and have a 1 on 1 with one of the managers.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UL in March 2017.

Interview

I had a great time with the entire process. I had a great panel of interviewers. I was asked to do a phone screening and then a video call with the team.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you have encountered   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UL.

Interview

Phone interview, asking about past experience and typical behavioral questions about working in a group and if I was okay with the working times and working hours. Told me about the company and what a typical day of an intern would be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UL (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application and was contacted about a month later. There was a follow-up call after the email. An interview was scheduled about 1 month after I submitted the application. The position was not offered to me.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UL (Fremont, CA).

Interview

The UL executives/hiring managers provided a very comfortable and somewhat entertaining environment to be in--not like your typical hiring event. Other potential interns were there as well. One of the employees gave us a tour of the building, and then we were chosen individually for an interview. Overall everyone there, including my interviewer, were very nice and lively individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work on a science project with a team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

One phone screening and second more in-depth interview via phone where we went over my resume.
    Phone screening was on foot type of call so it was all needed to be spontaneous

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UL (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

The first interview was easy. Asked about basic behavioral questions. The second interview was also a phone interview with the analyst. Asked about very detailed technical questions. Get prepared for all the stuff you've learned at school.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UL (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

codeility exercise to test your code ability which has 5 SQL questions and test about 2 hours , phone interview just short and brief question, not too difficult.
    Please write at least 30 words on Hiring and Interview process.