UL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UL Interview Questions

Interviews at UL

2.6

Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UL in January 2018.

Interview

The interview could not have been anymore unprofessional. The hiring manager called me on his cellphone while transporting his child on a train in the afternoon when I specifically requested a morning interview. The call kept chopping in and out so I am certain he could not hear my answers to his questions. When asked for feedback he claimed my answers were too vague.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UL (Northbrook, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

I would honestly look elsewhere unless you're desperate for work. Offer I received was WAY below market with terrible benefits (starting with 10 vacation days, etc.) Culture seems to be fairly old school and conservative.

I had three rounds of interviews: one with HR, one with hiring manager, one with director

Interview Questions

• What were common issues you worked on and how were they related to this position?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

applied through a school career services, got an email for a phone interview about a week and a half later. went over a brief history of the company, the functions. Went through my resume, and asked for relevant coursework. Process took about 20 minutes.

Lab Tech Interview

Interview

Questions about strength and weaknesses. What my degree was in. How would my degree help me to complete tasks in the company. Situation questions such as if this were to happen while at work, what actions would you take?

Interview Questions

• Questions about what would be asked of me in my position.   Answer Question

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UL in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face interview with 2 hiring managers and hr representative

Interview Questions

• No scientific questions. Only situation questions: most challenging, most difficult, conflict, etc..
      Asked what safety meant to you   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UL in January 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume at a job fair. Got a call from HR. Scheduled a phone interview. During phone interview the interviewer asked 5 questions to test my technical knowledge, however, the interviewer is a non technical person which is quite awkward. the in person interview was also conducted by a manager with a business degree who tries to fit in an engineering company which is even more awkward

Interview Questions

• tell us about a problem you encountered and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

dont be afraid to ask

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UL (Canton, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

They sat me in a room with 2 interviewers. The interviewers did not explain the job description to the fullest, then again that's because there is no job description. They did not tell me which department I would be placed in, I was apparently being interviewed for multiple departments. They asked straight forward questions and were very polite.

Client Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UL in September 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a head hunter, phone interview with HR, Assessment, In person interview. Excellent behavioral and face to face interaction with the Hiring Manager and HR Manager.

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UL.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, sit down with 2 engineers at a table and they asked you just generic interview questions. They didn't ask me at all about education or work experience or anything, just generic "why do you want to work here?" etc

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UL (Fremont, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

4 total interview parts. 3 on the phone and 1 in person. First was just from HR, second was w/ potential boss, and third was with boss's boss. In person interview was more of just a casual meeting since they had already asked me so many questions on the phone.

Everyone was really nice and UL seemed like a great company.
    I turned down the position because salary was low.