UM Assistant Media Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UM Assistant Media Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at UM

2.4

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Interview

Extremely easy I set up a time and date to meet. The interview was very casual and did not have any questions that I did not practice for. The only thing that I didn't expect was a quiz but it was middle school math so no one should have trouble with it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Interview

Interview fine/easy. Interviewed with someone from HR and then who would be my boss. Lasted approx. 45 mins. I was told I would hear back within a week. After it had been 2 weeks I contacted for an update on the position, was ignored. Finally heard back from them after a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the associates who works on the Chrysler account though I wasn't initially suppose to meet with him, but to meet with one of the VPs and senior managers. This guy was incredibly rude -- he seemed as though I was inconveniencing him, and after two minutes of speaking with him, he appeared uninterested in what I had to say and didn't even both to really listen. He practically rushed me out. And at the end of the interview, he coldly said "thank you" and didn't even both to walk me out of the office or say, "goodbye." There's nothing wrong with being a tough interviewer, but at least, demonstrate some professional courtesy. I hope he isn't a reflection of all of the employees who work there at UM!

Interview Questions

• He also did't even both to look over my resume prior to sitting down with me and had no questions prepared for me at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen with HR which was your basic screen. I think it was to get an idea of my salary requirements and personality. Then I came into the office to interview with a few members of the team. General interview. Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in UM, why are you interested in Media Buying. UM has great benefits.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. $30,000 take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UM (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with about 9 team members. I Everyone was very easy to talk to and the conversation flowed very nicely. They asked what t.v shows I watch and how I watch t.v. Make sure to know the difference between planner and buyer, in depth.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you you possess that make you a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Interview

I sent my resume through to the recruiter and was contacted within a week or so to schedule a basic phone interview. At the end of the phone call, I was informed that they wanted to meet in person. I then moved on to the next round of three interviews in the office. You have to complete a simple math exam before the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is currently the biggest problem facing the media industry?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Interview

Called by a recruiter, set up interview pretty quickly. Questions were straight forward, however no follow up with HR if you do not receive the position. Math test, which isn't hard but I would suggest knowing percentages

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone call from HR. This was a basic screening and then was emailed a couple weeks later about coming in for an interview. Interview with two people and they decide where you will fit best.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a casual conversation. They wanted to know who I was, my experience. Then we just had a conversation that was professional and casual. It was chill and easy. But I guess they needed someone since their department has such a high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Media Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UM in February 2015.

Interview

Met with management and Partner for 20 minutes each. Discussed work environment, culture and what is expected. Explained my day to day at my current job and how it related to what the job i was going for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What is your work experience? How did you hear about us? Where did you go to school? Tell me about a time you had to problem solve to resolve an issue with a client.   1 Answer