UM Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UM Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at UM

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was rather quick and easy. I first took a math test, a week later a phone screening, then two days later a round robin. I received my offer the next day. Everyone was super nice and the office is beautiful. I felt terrible turning this down as it was a great experience, but salary wise they are below market value and I had other offers.

Interview Questions

• Math questions: mainly all basic percentage questions
    Name a time you overcame a challenge in a leadership position.
    Why UM?
    Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in July 2018.

Interview

A recruiter on LinkedIn reached out to me to apply, which I did. He gave me an online application that had a basic math assessment attached.

I had a phone interview about three weeks later, and then an in-person a week after that. I specifically stated that I was interested in the Assistant Media Planning role on the online application and the phone interview. However, I had two back-to-back interviews with hiring managers in the Media Buying department. The HR contact didn't even know the name of one of the hiring managers, who was supposed to meet me, which she then had to quickly scroll through her phone.

The HR lady also gave us an "office tour," which was just a quick one-minute walk around one floor.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UM.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and the recruiter contacted me to schedule a phone interview a few days after that. The phone interview went great and then he said he would contact me to schedule an in-person visit. I waited two weeks to do an in-person interview because he told me things were moving slower than expected for them. When I went to the in-person interview I met with two people, they asked me basic general questions and then one random question. Then after that, they posted the job opening again but with a different title. That was surprising to me since the first job posting had like 100 applicants. It's hard to believe you couldn't find the right candidate out of that pool. I guess I wasn't the one since they never replied after the follow-up email

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

They kinda just talk to you. Not too stressful but they really like to see who you are as a person. Takes forever to hear back so make sure you are persistent or you will not hear back. It shows you’re also dedicated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First:
    I was contacted via e-mail by an HR Coordinator, who then setup a 15-minute phone conversation wherein he asked about my general knowledge of Media & the Advertising/Marketing Industry, and wanted to know my trajectory as it relates to my career goals to see if this job would be a good fit.

Second:
    After the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. The initial interview was cancelled due to the inclement weather, and some of the essential team members who would be interviewing me not being able to come in that day - we rescheduled for the following day.

Third:
    I met with three members from the account I would be assigned to, individually. Then I had to call two team members that could not make it in. Not having the team members present did kind of present of communication barrier, as they did not really seem interested to discuss work related things due to them being at home.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand?   1 Answer

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UM in May 2015.

Interview

Was contacted from a recruiter at UM and set up a phone interview. About a week later was asked when I could come in next week to meet with members of the media team. At the office you take a math test, it was basic math and percentages and you can use a calculator. After I met with the media director and supervisor. It was a pretty typical interview (tell us about yourself and work, etc.) Afterwards they contact you letting you know if you got the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about said client, if anything at all? Why should I choose you/what makes you stand out over other applicants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UM (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

An interview with a few different people, all about 15 minutes long. 24 hours later a call asking for references. An offer came the next day

Negotiation

Nope, salary is set. Advice: prepare yourself for long hours

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UM (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Hiring manager will first call you and ask you what you know about media. At times, I've heard they question what your favorite advertising campaign is. Once I scheduled an interview at the agency, I interviewed with 5 people: 1 group interview, and 3 one on one interviews. Overall interview was very relaxed. Come prepared with questions to impress. At the end you will have to take a basic math test dealing with percentages.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

First day of interviews you come in, take a basic 5 question media math test, and chat with your HR contact for a few minutes. They then bring in account team members (the number of team members and their title depends on the size of the account team you're interviewing to join). They asked me basic personality/fit questions and about my interest in media and marketing in general. A week later I was called back in to meet with the AMD on my account, who followed a similar format. I received an offer a day later.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UM (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I was screened with a phone interview first. I was then able to meet with the teams I was interviewing with. Some were one on ones, other panel interviews. They were tough, but everyone was really nice. I kept in close contact with my HR rep afterward.