UM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UM

2.6

Budget Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. They asked questions about my prior history in advertising and finance along with an assessment test on variances and excel models. Both interviewers were lovely and they gave me adequate time for the test along with a good Q & A on the role and company.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous roles and how that can impact this role.   1 Answer

Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UM (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview with the HR manager first. Then I met with the planning team in person - the supervisor, the AMD and the director. They were friendly and professional. They explained the responsibilities of the position, asked me to briefly summarize my work experience and gave me time to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about my past work experience and situational type questions. One question was tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UM.

Interview

Very casual- they care about personality and interests and you are well rounded

Assistant Planner Interview

Interview

First I spoke with someone from HR, then I was interviewed by 2 people (Director and her boss). I spent around 30 minutes or more per interview,they didn't ask many out of the ordinary interview questions but a lot of why do you see this being a good fit (company and positions) also about strengths and working with a team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They negotiated my salary before my interviews w HR conusltant so they had my offer ready once I had interviewed.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UM.

Interview

2 rounds interview. The first one was on phone from HR, and the second was with the hiring manager in person. The whole process was really quick, like 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to difficult. walked through resume and behavior questions.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

applied online around mid-feb and got a response to interview at the headquarters in NY around the beginning of march. I think I was a different case however, because I was referred but never heard from them so I emailed her to check my application status. The next day they invited me to interview with them. From what I heard from other applicants they went through a phone screening and an online interview. During the day of the interview they did a presentation about the company and the positions available. Afterwards, they split the candidates by time slots and did three back-to-back interview rounds. Process took one week to hear a response.

Interview Questions

• They take a lot of questions from your resume so be prepared to answer what you have listed. Most difficult question:
      -what achievement are you most proud of?
      -what do you like to do in your free time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary was set based on the budget that they had set aside to train the interns.

Digital Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UM.

Interview

Went through HR and then met with the hiring manager. It was pretty painless and had basic questions. The hiring manager first asked me for a copy of my resume, and I when I gave it to him he said, "good job, first step over," or something like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with imperfect data.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UM (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

It started with an initial phone interview with the Senior VP of the analytics division. I was referred by a friend who worked in analytics, so the phone interview was more of a conversation for him to get to know me, what my background was, and what position would be best for me to interview for. After about half an hour of talking about what I was interested in and what my experience was in, we decided I'd interview for the Senior Analyst position.

Two weeks later, I was scheduled for in-person interviews. It was four 1-on-1 interviews. One was with the Senior VP, which again, was very casual, and was more to see if I'd be a good fit for the position and the company. Another was with one of the directors of analytics, and he focused more on specific knowledge and experience with analyzing data (Excel, SQL, Access, third party analytics suites, etc). The other two were with team managers. Essentially, these two were in charge of teams that had potential openings to be filled by the position I was interviewing for, and they were there to see if I could be an asset to their teams specifically.

Ultimately, I technically landed the job, but then the company lost their major client for the San Francisco branch, and there was no longer room for me. From what I saw, though, the company has a great open atmosphere and everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with <insert random third party vendor's service>?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UM (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Easy conversations regarding what their preferences are and what my strengths and style already were. I asked several questions regarding their needs and general day-to-day requirements. I asked questions about the industry and their goals and interests.

Entry Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Spoke to hiring manager. Came into office following week and met with 2 team members. After interview never heard anything. Was treated differently because I was not from the area.

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward, but also some personal questions.   Answer Question