UMAI Restaurant Reservation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Junior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was very professional. You go through 2-3 rounds of interviews before you interview with one of their founders. Phone screening is usually first, and then you interview with their current PM. Kai Pua is one of their PMs and I enjoyed speaking with him, he is very knowledgeable and helpful and answering all my questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 3 or so rounds of interview. Where later stages were more in depth than the ones earlier; the questions were behavior and skills based. You'd have to really know what your role does as it will be linked to your experience and behavior. The process was very lengthy for an internship as they're selective with who they recruit into the team.

Interview Questions

• Which part of this role will you enjoy the most?   Answer Question
    • Which part of this role will you not enjoy the most? Or that you will find most challenging?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied online through their website (October 2018). The entire process took around a month to complete. First round involved resume screening/elevator pitch video. I had to go through 4 rounds of interview - Skype interview with their HR intern, Skype interview with their Head of People and Culture, face-to-face interview at a cafe with two of their business development analysts, and lastly a Google Hangout video call with their founder, Alex.

All of them were extremely nice, patient and took the time answer all of my questions. I learnt alot about the role, the company, their product just by going through the interview process, and I can imagine the learning experience will be even better as an employee/intern there. It was obvious from the get-go that everyone there is motivated, ambitious with a clear set of goals and vision that they want to achieve, and they're looking for someone who is equally hungry for success/personal development.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in December 2018.

Interview

Called Eleonora on skype, she presented the company, I presented myself and she asked me questions about my strengths, my background, what could I bring to the company but also my weaknesses and how I can improve them

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2017.

Interview

4 interviews soft skills based, you go through one analyst, one manager and the two founders. No need of formal dress code neither enormous industry preparation, enthusiasm and willingness to contribute are more valuable

Interview Questions

• What do you usually do on a free day?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation in February 2017.

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total - with intern, with head of recruiting, and a chat with each of the cofounders. It was easy to schedule the interviews even though we were in different time zones but all of them, besides one of the founders, were late. In some cases we had to reschedule too. Because of that the interviewing process took some time.

The interviews followed a pattern, so the head of recruiting would ask more questions in depth than the intern, and then the founders would ask even further. It was really interesting speaking with the founders and I haven't done that in other places where I have applied. The interviews were informal, rather structure and UMAI representatives were respectful.
    The whole process was a bit unclear as I didn't know whats next and if they like me or not.
    Overall not a bad application process, but there are things that need to be improved.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation.

Interview

The hiring process was professional and well held. The people involved in each stage of the interview were prepared well.
    The first interview was with the Head of growth, 2nd was with one of the co founder and 3rd with the other cofounder.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (New Delhi (India)) in January 2019.

Interview

In the process of interview they asked me about my personal , then qualification etc in the panel there was an interviewer who holds me alot in question ,how when where etc etc. It's very difficult to answer him

Interview Questions

• What's your expectations from this organisation   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had 4 skype interviews starting with an intern that was doing a HR screening. After that, I went to the manager, then co founder 1 and then co founder 2. All interviews were basically the same: asking about my experiences and motivation, etc. Since it is a startup they are not organized at all in the recruiting process. The last interview with the co-founder was rescheduled twice. He made me wait for 40 minutes in front of my computer before telling me to reschedule. After the interview, he said they would get back to me in a couple of days. It has been a month already and now I see that they are hiring an intern for the same position. ( I was applying for managerial level) - I sent three follow up emails without an answer. It is very disrespectful to not even reply to emails, especially when candidates invest so much time in interviews, etc.

Another point is that, despite saying that the offer competitive remuneration on the job posting, they offer absurdly low wages. The only people that can actually afford to live on these standards, are rich graduates who can count on their parents to survive and think it's fashionable to work for a startup (and that seems to be the composition of the team).

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMAI Restaurant Reservation in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online via an internship portal and was offered a Skype interview. There were 3 more afterwards, which seemed at first a disproportionate number considering it was a low-paying internship role. However, it is somewhat understandable as it's a small team and they have to ensure a good fit. Ultimately, after learning more about the role and that the salary would be lower than originally advertised, I decided to go in a different direction. The members of staff I spoke to were all very charming throughout the process and do seem to genuinely enjoy their time and the culture at the company.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the difference in degree between the hour and minute hands on an analogue clockface if the time was 3.15.   1 Answer