UMB Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMB Bank Interview Questions

2.9

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMB Bank.

Interview

Application process is online, if you are selected for the position they will follow up and schedule a phone interview. If that goes well they will schedule you for an in branch interview for the location/position you will be filling. All in all it was a very simple and effective process and the people are great, they are happy to answer any and all inquiries you may have.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a difficult situation with a coworker? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

I was offered a different job that was better suited to my skills base as well as to my interests career wise.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMB Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I applied online for the position, someone called me to set up a phone screen. I did the phone screen that following week and about 2 to 3 days later they called to set up an in person interview downtown. I went there parked in the garage and went inside where I was offered water while I wait. I interviewed with the first person who asked general questions about my experience and why I wanted to work for UMB and that position. I then interviewed with the Manager who kind of asked the same behavioral type interview questions. How to deal with conflict how to talk to managers and work with managers that are difficult and why should they pick me. Basic everyday interview questions. I was told if I was selected to go to the next steps I would do a face time interview but I did not get selected they said they wanted someone with more experience

Interview Questions

• What does diversity and inclusion in the workplace mean to me   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Bank in April 2016.

Interview

-Phone Interview with recruiter
    -in-person Interview with direct manager
    -Second in-person interview with supervisory manager

The process took longer than expected and seemed like the same questions were asked over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Most questions revolved around attention to detail and ability to multitask.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMB Bank (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

As a current employee you'll hear the message that the average person has 7 careers throughout their lifetime. As our leader and CEO, Mariner will say he wants all of those 7 careers to be a UMB. There are a select few that are able to maneuver their career at UMB, but for the majority this is only lip service. Our management does not actively look at our top talent and place them in appropriate roles. Management would rather look outside to applicants that have the right requirements, instead of working with current talent to assist on obtaining the right licensing, training, etc. Our culture can almost be likened to a country that still abides by a class system. There are some departments that are viewed better than others. If you are associated or work within a certain department it is very difficult to move to another Line of Business. Managers and leaders are really missing out on great talent by not taking advantage of their current associate strengths. Our talent acquisition department needs an overhaul. I've had a horrible experience with this department on numerous occasions. They won't return phone calls or emails. I almost felt like a stalker just trying to get updates and feedback from a recruiter. The best word to describe this team would be apathetic, they don't care! UMB seems to be so focused on bringing people in the front door, they forget about the people that are actually in their home currently. Pretty soon these associates will get fed up with the politics and games and move on to another company. UMB needs to realize their current employees are who helps make UMB great and successful! They would be able to save money by hiring more associates internally and also increase associates engagement by actually delivering on their promise.

Supervisor Interview

Interview

Typical interview process with basic questions that are wanting you to provide specific examples about yourself and work history. Specific is the key and if you talk about a weakness back it up with what you are doing to work on it. Be honest as everyone has strengths and weaknesses, it shows your level of self awareness. Smile and laugh during the interview as UMB is looking for positive people to join the team!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you sacrificed personal development for the good of the whole?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMB Bank.

Interview

I had to take a test online. Then I had a phone interview. Finally I was interviewed by a group of people. They ask open ended questions and want you to answer them by being very thorough in your answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for more to start since there is no compensation and raises are anually.

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Fairly straight forward. Initial phone interview with HR that asked general questions. About a week later, had an in-person interview with the legal department. Asked more substantive questions. Nothing tricky at all.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMB Bank (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The interview focused on he daily administration of an Oracle Database. Some question asked specific commands to issue in certain situations. Other DBA's were present at the interview so it was very technical. I found the interview to be more like an exchange between professionals where we talked and got a feel of what the other person knew and what we could bring to each other.

Interview Questions

• focused on daily administration of Oracle   1 Answer

Negotiation

I worked with a consulting firm so it was pretty easy.

Transaction Specialist I (Teller) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMB Bank (Kansas City, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on Indeed to a UMB Bank Transaction Specialist I position and received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. A Transaction Specialist is simply a teller at a bank. The teller is responsible for not only helping customers, but for meeting sales quotas and referring customers to other bank positions for additional help or info. The first interview is a conference call interview, mine lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• First, they will ask you about all previous jobs listed on your resume (make sure to have it in front of you). They will ask you what your duties and goals were for each and your reason for leaving?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and what you did to achieve it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to provide good customer service and how you handled the situation to leave a lasting impression on the customer.   1 Answer
    • Why this career?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMB Bank (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter after applying for position 2 days earlier.
    Completed assessment test. Phone interview with recruiter was about 30-40 minutes.
    Panel interview with regional manager a 2 other peers via phone.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe a time when you had a difficult employee who was resistant to company change. How did you handle it? What happened?
      2. Walk me through a day in the life as a manager now?
      3. Describe your management style.
      It's your basic STAR style questions. (Situation Task Action Results)   Answer Question