UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.6

Systems Engineer II SOA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

Total 19 mins of technical interview with two scenarios ... Interview felt like eye wash ...No proper comments. Was surprised to see that they have updated as no longer considered for the position applied

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot the slowness issue if the clients reports?   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in March 2017.

Interview

After a week I applied online, I received an email for phone interview. I got a 30-min phone interview from HR two days after. No technical questions. All behavior questions. HR is very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self; What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Client Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Client Relationship Manager position online and received a system generated email request to complete an online assessment two days later. Four days after completing the assessment I received a phone call from UMB to schedule a phone screening interview with their recruiter, which I agreed to do. Several days later at the scheduled time the recruiter called me, skipped all pleasantries and stated they would go directly to asking questions related to the role. The recruiter was clearly in their car driving with the windows down or sitting outside in a windy area on their cell phone. It was incredibly difficult to understand what they were saying at times because of the level of background noise and interference (I was in a closed conference room, so it wasn't on my end). The questions were generic and dealt with previous job history and responsibilities, plus salary requirements. When the recruiter's questions shifted to whether I had experience with cold calling, I pointed out that the job description did not include any verbiage related to "hunting" or "cold calling" -- two things I personally screen for while searching for a new job. The recruiter had a canned rebuttal that the phrase "outbound" covers this in the description for the role, and cold calling/knocking on doors is a requirement. After letting the recruiter know that I was no longer interested in the position, we amicably ended the call.

The description outlining the position is ambiguous and misleading. It's cold calling and knocking on doors, not account management or client support like the title and description implies. Further, the interview was conducted in a poor manner. Never expect to have a thoughtful and revealing conversation with a candidate while driving around in your car on your cell phone.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard recruiter questions for screening candidates, e.g. Why are you leaving your current position? Why did you apply for this position? What are you salary requirements?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple people. Very personalized. Some standard interview questions, but they make it very comfortable setting. Very cool building and the rest of the staff was very friendly. I ended up getting another offer but I really would have enjoyed working here.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Wealth Advisor - Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

As a result of my networking, I received an email introduction to a member of the wealth management team. This was in May. Unaware of any open position, I was able to meet with him in person. This was in August. The position was not yet posted. He informed me the position would be posted in a few weeks. Shortly after applying on line, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. It took a few weeks before being contacted for an in-person interview. I met with several people on the same day. First, I met with the market president, then the hiring manager and finally a group of people. After the group interview, I had a conference call scheduled with the regional president.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the greatest opportunity for wealth advisor?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation.

Interview

The first two interviews were very relaxed. The first call was a prescreening interview in which the interviewer went through every line of the resume. The next step is a 1-hour long behavioral interview that was intensely in depth about emotions and feelings of situations. The process was very quick, which is nice. The following interview involves an actual campus tour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about when you dealt with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person behavioral interview. After initial rounds met with hiring manager and division executive. All positive experiences discussing the culture and strategic direction of the company.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

About a month after I applied, I was asked to do a Skype interview with the person who later became my supervisor. Someone at HR called me later that day to offer me a position. The interview was fairly casual and was more a conversation than anything. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us? (A combination of what can we do for you and what can you do for us.)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple managers. Questions were rather difficult. They really want to make sure that you are the right one for the job and that you will be beneficial to the company.

Interview Questions

• There were some difficult questions as in what you will bring to the table.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation.

Interview

Interviewed one-on-one with the Chief Investment Officer, the hiring manager, and team lead. Followed by several group/ panel interviews with various members of the team. Interview process took about 6 months from initial interview to offer.