UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UMB Financial Corporation

2.6

Sort:

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in March 2014.

Interview

phone interview, just like someone posted on glassdoor, the HR is just like interviewing you for fun, actually they won't hire you, but need to talk to somebody to spend their day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in December 2009.

Interview

Met with hiring manager, then HR and hiring manager's boss. Very pleasant interview and the individuals were very pleasant. Took a test on their web-site when I first applied online. Then someone I know within UMB forwarded my resume to hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• No really unexpected questions on this interview   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with multiple people. Very personalized. Some standard interview questions, but they make it very comfortable setting. Very cool building and the rest of the staff was very friendly. I ended up getting another offer but I really would have enjoyed working here.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

phone interview then in-person interview two weeks later. met with two managers during interview, one was extremely friendly and personable while the other was a bit more cold and reserved.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple managers. Questions were rather difficult. They really want to make sure that you are the right one for the job and that you will be beneficial to the company.

Interview Questions

• There were some difficult questions as in what you will bring to the table.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in April 2011.

Interview

Each company representative was personable and friendly. The personality test was the most difficult part, but the recruiter realized that and was very patient waiting for my responses.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you (blank - job appropriate event) as a book with titles.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I was emailed within 45 minute of submitting my online application and skills tests (there were 2 skills tests), and set up a phone interview for later that week. My phone interview with a member of HR led to an invitation to come to an interview session the following week. The had a set day of interviews for several open positions and when I arrived I had a panel interview with 3 branch managers. They asked standard questions and had me tell three stories about my customer service experience. The HR member contacted me within 2 business days of the panel interview and extended an offer. They were all professional, courteous, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you built an excellent customer relationship.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about something you did that you consider a success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was competitive, so I did not negotiate.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2012.

Interview

Somewhat intimidating (I had 4 people in a circle around me), but a light atmosphere. It was nice and I did get an offer, but I had to decline because of the hours I was requested to work. I would recommend people working here though. I wish I had much more to tell you, but I sadly I don't remember much.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen (while they add 1000 things to the scenario)   Answer Question

couldn't make the hours requested

Teller Interview

Interview

Telephone, then in person.

Better offen elsewhere.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Kansas City, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty laid back, can be intimidating. You NEED to be confident. Just go into it thinking you're going to get the job, they like to pick at you if you look like you're not confident in yourself.