UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO | Glassdoor

UMB Financial Corporation Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO

2.0

Wealth Advisor - Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

As a result of my networking, I received an email introduction to a member of the wealth management team. This was in May. Unaware of any open position, I was able to meet with him in person. This was in August. The position was not yet posted. He informed me the position would be posted in a few weeks. Shortly after applying on line, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview. It took a few weeks before being contacted for an in-person interview. I met with several people on the same day. First, I met with the market president, then the hiring manager and finally a group of people. After the group interview, I had a conference call scheduled with the regional president.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the greatest opportunity for wealth advisor?   1 Answer
    • What are your salary requirements?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMB Financial Corporation (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I was emailed within 45 minute of submitting my online application and skills tests (there were 2 skills tests), and set up a phone interview for later that week. My phone interview with a member of HR led to an invitation to come to an interview session the following week. The had a set day of interviews for several open positions and when I arrived I had a panel interview with 3 branch managers. They asked standard questions and had me tell three stories about my customer service experience. The HR member contacted me within 2 business days of the panel interview and extended an offer. They were all professional, courteous, and engaging.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you built an excellent customer relationship.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about something you did that you consider a success.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was competitive, so I did not negotiate.