UMBC Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.8

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Professor asked in class if anyone was interested in a lab position and I emailed the professor seeking my interest. He scheduled an interview the next day and at the end of the interview, he told me that I can start working the next day. After the interview, I filled in all my employment papers that I needed to do and started working the next day.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got selected for interview immediately. I did setup interview time and appeared. Employer asked me few basic question regarding technical skills and how to implement to solve real world problem.

Interview Questions

• What will you ask student if he/she did not get print correctly from library ?   Answer Question

Audio Visual Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Catonsville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Catonsville, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a former employee and had a lot of experience in the field who was a part-time employee and a student of UMBC. He referred me for his role at the job since he was graduating and knew that I needed a job at the time and was a good fit for the role and the team.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working/fixing an issue in front of a crowd?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I approached by teacher and whom i was taking a curse with. i was doing fairly well. therefore when i asked for the position, i was informed of the research details rather than being asked about my skills and experience.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screening followed by technical interview and than final face to face typical interview process first they will ask you to tell something about yourself than how long you can work if we hire you

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Inet Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

You were required to submit a test animation using a package they provide.
    They communicated via email and invited you to an interview.
    They interviewed you as a team and asked you general questions about you and your resume, as well as your test animation, which they had on an iPad during the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do as a career?
      Who is your favorite artist?
      Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMBC (Columbia, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Round robin interview for many hours with COO, Director of Operations and various team members that you would be working with. Pretty good process overall, albeit a bit intimidating

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

The interviews made it easy and helped me to be relaxed, the interview was like I was speaking to the panel like they was family or friends. I really don't know what else to say to this. The overall experience was relaxing

Interview Questions

• what did you like about you last employment   1 Answer

Negotiation

the overall experience of the interview was very relaxing

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Mostly technical. Questions about previous research experience with emphasis on hypothesis testing. Assessment of level of motivation. They do not ask questions pertaining to coursework that you will take after joining.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMBC (Baltimore, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

I found out that my initial communications were a reflection of the overall process I would be going through after I was hired - meaning that because ambiguity was a part of the interview, it would also be a part of the job. Discovering the connection each of the employees has with each other was important because it meant that there was a way that I could reach out to respond later on for following up with a thank you note.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about what I thought art was, and how I believed it applied to this position. It made me believe I was being asked to be too subjective, and it seemed off-topic to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it scenario.