UMUC Interview Questions in Adelphi, MD | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.6

Transcript Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

it was easy to apply to multiple positions online. First they called me for a phone screen process then said they would pass my information along to the hiring manager who would call me the next week. The hiring manager called the next week and we spoke.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitting through the employment portal was frustrating and non-responsive. Had to physically print out application, visit a UMUC site and have local staff forward materials to the hiring manager before there was any forward movement. After that, the hiring process was easy, consisting of two interviews, a verbal offer, and a written offer within one week.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have for improving the online learning experience?   1 Answer

Organizational Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

UMUC posted the position on LinkedIn. I did a series of panel interviews--one with their HR leader, another with two folks from the Training department and another with three members of the HR team. The process was three hours and quite draining as the interviewers all asked the same questions....three times in a row. Imagine being asked three times why you are looking for a new job, what your strengths are, what your weaknesses are and what makes you the best person for the job. The interview portion with their HR leader was horrible. Imagine someone asking you to validate every item on your resume--it felt more like an inquisition than an interview. I should have left after the first hour. By the time I was done, I felt completely unwelcome there.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read and why?   1 Answer

Collegiate Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone screening and two interviews in person with a search committee consisting of faculty, administrators, and staff. There were no signs during the interview process that the position would be canceled before anyone was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a student complaint knowing the university's goal to improve student retention?   Answer Question

University canceled the position during interview process.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I was not formally interviewed for the position I currently hold. The director called me and chit chatted with me for ten to fifteen minutes and asked me maybe 2 questions.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't actually asked any questions relating to the job I had applied for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through online system. I was initially interviewed informally over coffee by the program director to gauge my interest in the specific assignment she had in mind for me. (Course development for a new degree program.) I wasn't all that thrilled, initially, as I wanted to teach, When she explained that it was her practice to assign the course developer to teach the first section of the new course when implemented, I agreed. She then arranged for a formal telephonic interview with herself and another program director. The questions were typical academic interview questions and the interview was a much as them explaining the expectations of UMUC as it was about eliciting responses from me. The entire process was relatively pain free.

Interview Questions

• To explain my teaching philosophy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

UMUC has a standardized pay schedule. However, with my years of experience and advanced degrees, I was able to negotiate appoint as an adjunct associate professor, rather than adunct assistant professor. This was not a very difficult negotiation, as the program director agreed with my assessment of my experience and education.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process is based off of a panel. It was very personable and did not take more than 15 minutes. They called within the next couple days to tell me that I had the job.

Director, Customer Relantionship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very thorough from the telephone to the 1:1 to the Group Panel process. The staff that conducted the interview was very helpful and followed a clear state government interview process.

Interview Questions

• What major challenges and problems did you face? How did you handle them?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer