UMUC Adjunct Professor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMUC Adjunct Professor Interview Questions

Interviews at UMUC

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview was held for an hour. There were three academic directors involved. Main interviewer was MBA program director, others were HR director, and one more unknown director. They asked question one by one, and I have explained to them about my academic as well as company executive experiences. Main director offered me an adjunct faculty as a full professor considering my 11 years of university faculty experience, and I have accepted right away.

Interview Questions

• Why do you apply to our job? What kind of teaching experience do you have? How can you teach adult students effectively? etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UMUC

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied through online system. I was initially interviewed informally over coffee by the program director to gauge my interest in the specific assignment she had in mind for me. (Course development for a new degree program.) I wasn't all that thrilled, initially, as I wanted to teach, When she explained that it was her practice to assign the course developer to teach the first section of the new course when implemented, I agreed. She then arranged for a formal telephonic interview with herself and another program director. The questions were typical academic interview questions and the interview was a much as them explaining the expectations of UMUC as it was about eliciting responses from me. The entire process was relatively pain free.

Interview Questions

• To explain my teaching philosophy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

UMUC has a standardized pay schedule. However, with my years of experience and advanced degrees, I was able to negotiate appoint as an adjunct associate professor, rather than adunct assistant professor. This was not a very difficult negotiation, as the program director agreed with my assessment of my experience and education.

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitting through the employment portal was frustrating and non-responsive. Had to physically print out application, visit a UMUC site and have local staff forward materials to the hiring manager before there was any forward movement. After that, the hiring process was easy, consisting of two interviews, a verbal offer, and a written offer within one week.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have for improving the online learning experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview, with a submission of a resume and cover letter before hand. Focused on providing hands-on experience within my professional realm. More of a discussion about what UMUC is all about.