UMUC Administrative Assistant I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMUC Administrative Assistant I Interview Questions

Interviews at UMUC

1 Interview Review

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

Everything was done on the phone (this is a remote position). I was interviewed by the director and assistant director (both have been replaced since-- moved on to other jobs). The director had a list of questions about my experience at this job and my education, but then departed from the list to ask more specifically about my philosophy of education. That was interesting. The assistant director was quiet, but added some questions about my sense of the mission of education and specifically online education.
In the first interview, there wasn't much explanation about the salary and actual work. The second interview (when it was pretty clear they were going to offer me the job), they were more open about that. Of course, both left a year later, and the new administrators had their own way of assigning work, so we had to learn as we went. I had no contact with HR until it came time to fill out the many employment forms.

Interview Questions

• They asked in the first interview what about the mission of the organization I thought fit my personal mission, and I had to quickly google to find what the mission statement was! (I should have prepared better.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Take it or leave it sort of job.