UMUC Admission Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UMUC

2.5

Admission Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Largo, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

One phone interview
Two In-person interview
The first interview you have at a hiring event that you are invited to once you fill out the app online. Then you will be invited to a second interview will a panel of assistant directors, etc. After that your're pretty much in.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you disagreed with your supervisor?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UMUC

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. The person asked me to tell her about myself in terms of how many years experience I have, etc. They went over a few things about the company (the history and things like that). They went over the benefits package like paid time off, insurance, tuition remission, etc. They advised the date I'd be starting if I get offered the position. At the end, they advised they would submit all the info to someone else and they would decide whether or not to bring me in for an in-person interview. It wasn't long until someone got back to me and scheduled an in-person interview. I was interviewed by 2 people and was asked very standard interview questions. After the interview, I was shown around the office I would be working (which is almost always a good sign you're going to be hired) and met a few of the other advisors and managers. I was offered the job a few weeks later which was 3 weeks before I started working.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you did something wrong on the job and how it was handled.   Answer Question