UMUC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMUC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2017

2.6

MEC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

Basic interview same usual questions no strange or unusual questions. Interviewer was nice and cordial everyone was attentive. The job interview gave a look into what the job was going to entail. If you had issue with the interview questions then perhaps the job isn't best suited for you.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted for position online and received request to schedule a phone interview a few days later. Interview took one hour that was a casual conversation. Offered the position after the interview.

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMUC (Largo, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email stating my application was succesfully sent. Then within 5-7 business days I got an email stating someone wanted to speak to me for a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview, than had two more face to face interviews and was hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? What do you bring to a team? What is your greatest accomplishment this year? Why do you want to work for UMUC? Why do you want to be an Academic Adviser? Can you handle being micromanaged? Can you tell us a time something you did had a bad affect? Do you know the role you are applying for? Are you willing to work Saturdays, and days that you were intended to have off? Tell us a time you felt that you accomplished something at work?   1 Answer

Career Services Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMUC in April 2017.

Interview

The preliminary phone screening interview was in response to an online application. After the application was completed, I was contacted to discuss the position and my interest. It was then left up to me if I was intersted in the specifics of this job before being considered for an in person interview.

Financial Aid Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

After submitting online application; you may get a pre-screen phone call from the HR team in which they discuss the bare minimum details about the position (including salary, gauge your interest level and discuss the day to day of the job). After pre-screen phone call, you do another phone screen (15-20 minute call ) with department Associate Director. You are notified by email if you move forward with face to face interview. You will have face to face interview with multi-person panel; lasts approximately 30-45 minutes and you are notified via email if you are offered a job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work at UMUC and what interests you about Financial Aid/ Federal Aid Programs?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you were challenged and wished you had handled the situation differently, or would you do anything differently? What was the resolution/outcome?   Answer Question

Transcript Evaluator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Largo, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Largo, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Met two people panel. General interview questions about precious experience. Some questions about the job requirements, detail oriented and good communication skills. Had to do a skills test on transcripts evaluation after the interview. Generic interview questions.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted by HR via email for a quick screen, then Webex interview. I did amazing in the interview and they told me I'd move to the next round (probably happening the next week). I wait two weeks and drop them a line to get an update, and I'm told the interviewer is busy but that I should hear back the next week. That week comes and goes, another half week goes, and still nothing.

I understand people get busy, but at a certain point it just becomes poor time management on the part of the interviewer, not "busy".

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview, with a submission of a resume and cover letter before hand. Focused on providing hands-on experience within my professional realm. More of a discussion about what UMUC is all about.

Transcript Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

it was easy to apply to multiple positions online. First they called me for a phone screen process then said they would pass my information along to the hiring manager who would call me the next week. The hiring manager called the next week and we spoke.

Field Monitor Interview

Interview

I had an interview with the regional manager. The manager asked me the normal questions, why I wanted the job, what were my strengths and weaknesses and how I could bring myself apart from the other candidates. It was a 30 minute interview and it was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. At the time I was straight out of high school and didn't know about negotiating pay.