UMUC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMUC Interview Questions

Interviews at UMUC

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

Asked a variety of questions and they was not your typical interview questions. It was about 3-4 pages of questions and there was a panel of 3 people going back and forth asking you different questions.

Organizational Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

UMUC posted the position on LinkedIn. I did a series of panel interviews--one with their HR leader, another with two folks from the Training department and another with three members of the HR team. The process was three hours and quite draining as the interviewers all asked the same questions....three times in a row. Imagine being asked three times why you are looking for a new job, what your strengths are, what your weaknesses are and what makes you the best person for the job. The interview portion with their HR leader was horrible. Imagine someone asking you to validate every item on your resume--it felt more like an inquisition than an interview. I should have left after the first hour. By the time I was done, I felt completely unwelcome there.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read and why?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at UMUC in August 2018.

Interview

Was first called by a recruiter and spoke with her for about fifteen minutes and that went very well. Then another recruiter emailed me to see when I would be available to have a second interview. Now in this message there was very misleading information: 1. She called it a "WebEx interview". 2. She said it was a "business professional interview" 3. She said "the team looks forward to meeting you. These three items lead me to believe I was having a video interview with several people and it would take some time. I researched how to be successful in one of these video interviews because I had never had one before, and the biggest piece of advice way to have a very good microphone, so I went out and purchased one. Three day before I set up lights, and the morning of I did my hair, my make up, and dressed up. It ended up being a phone call which threw me to be honest, and then this person was saying she only wanted to talk to me for twenty minutes, when I was expecting an hour video call with several people. On top of this I know the woman only had her new manager position for two months as I looked her up online, and I believe she had never conducted interviews before and she did not do a good job with me. So, not only was I mislead on what kind of interview I would have, I was the likely the first interview of the day for the very first interview by this woman. She did not do as good job starting things off and I think I was who suffered for it, which is really disappointing.

Career Services Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMUC in April 2017.

Interview

The preliminary phone screening interview was in response to an online application. After the application was completed, I was contacted to discuss the position and my interest. It was then left up to me if I was intersted in the specifics of this job before being considered for an in person interview.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

There were several screenings prior to the actual interview. Though the culture seemed to be very driven by camaraderie, the stress level in this environment is highly questionable due to the constant change in direction. It seemed it would be very difficult to meet the requirements of leadership when they are constantly changing.

Interview Questions

• If hired, which skills would you need to develop?   1 Answer

MEC Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

Basic interview same usual questions no strange or unusual questions. Interviewer was nice and cordial everyone was attentive. The job interview gave a look into what the job was going to entail. If you had issue with the interview questions then perhaps the job isn't best suited for you.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMUC (Adelphi, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process is based off of a panel. It was very personable and did not take more than 15 minutes. They called within the next couple days to tell me that I had the job.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMUC.

Interview

I was brought in for a 2+ hour interview with multiple people on the team and to review skills needed for the job. Had a bit of a test but was not difficult to do. Didn’t really describe the position well.

Anonymous Employee in Adelphi, MD

Application

Interview

I was not formally interviewed for the position I currently hold. The director called me and chit chatted with me for ten to fifteen minutes and asked me maybe 2 questions.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't actually asked any questions relating to the job I had applied for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Manager Interview

Interview

relaxing and friendly