UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMass Medical School Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

1) Phone interview, which led to an in-person interview. The latter was very relaxed and informal. Just wanted to talk to me in person before I started.
    2) Asked about my previous lab experiences and was briefed about what the lab does.
    3) Discussed about possible project.

Interview Questions

• What relevant classes have you taken during college?
      Have you ever worked in a clinical lab?
      Answer Question

Bioinformatician Interview

Interview

A short tour within the hospital and research facility. Many employees there look very nice. Worcester is a nice town to live. I also talked to every colleague that I will potentially work with. They are all very nice. I also did a presentation on my past projects, which received positive feedback from the audience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some basic algorithms, like sorting, removing duplicates, finding overlaps. They also tested my python coding.   1 Answer

Grants & Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was called to come in at a mutually convenient time for interview. Set up a time to go in and was interviewed separately by 3 different people that I would work with. Was called in a second time and met with the team I would work with. Also met with the Director of the group during the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

we discussed my career goals and current interests in research as well as the design of the study in question. There was plenty of time for me to ask questions about methods and to get a feel for the work environment I would be joining. The interview was with both a research associate and with the principle investigator for the study.

Interview Questions

• what my long term career goals were   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was multiple times of phone interview with managers, director and HR related persons, and on-site presentation about my research, dinner with director. After that, there was salary adjustment. Also, my visa status was always asked in the beginning of interview with HP persons.

Interview Questions

• My future plan for research field, academia or industry   Answer Question

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two round interview process that took about 3 months from the time I applied to the time I accepted the offer. First I met with my future boss and a coworker. For the second interview I met with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in this job?   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Apply via application form. Took the GREs, applied through a standard process. After a few months, heard back and was invited to interview. Interview was a three day event, with presentations on the University itself and what research was done here (with example projects from current students). Interviews involved 5 one on one interviews with faculty, each being about 40 minutes long. Interviews involved talking about one's past research experience, and listening to current research by the professor themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here to study research?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

I applied through my college job board. After I submitted my resume to the PI, I received a response within a week asking for a personal interview. During the interview, I met with the PI, along with other PIs in the department, and then took a tour of the laboratory that I would work in if I got the position. I was accepted a few days later through email.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with all staff in research department. Got a phone call a few days later with an offer from HR. They gave me a week to think about it and I accepted

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I contacted the PI directly via his profile/lab page describing interest in working in his lab. The PI asked for my resume, list of references, unofficial transcript, etc. We then had a Skype interview for an hour to discuss future goals, interest, and potential research projects that I may work on.