UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UMass Medical School

2.6

Sort:

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Applied to the position online through the career website and was contacted almost a month later to schedule an in-person interview. Got asked a few questions and was shown around the lab.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Two interviews on two separate days. First interview was a rather lengthy interview, but was asked various questions on goals, interests, skills. Afterwards, was asked to come in for a second interview. The second interview was asked by a different set of people. They also asked questions to gauge my skills and interests. The second interview does seem to focus more on personality and the fit with the team. Afterwards, waited less than a week to receive an offer for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted online, initial phone interview, then an in person interview followed by formal offer two weeks later. Interviewer was my direct supervisor, program director and current employee also interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with all staff in research department. Got a phone call a few days later with an offer from HR. They gave me a week to think about it and I accepted

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Submit resume - wait a Long Time. HR is really responsive once you are here, but very slow before you are called - months is the norm between submitting for a person and finally getting them in the building. Then get a call, schedule a face-to-face interview, get asked a few questions (nothing awful) about what you have done (general competency) and then shake hands and go home. It is a union job, so I was asked if that was a problem - it was not. I love unions. They make sure you are treated like a regular person and nobody tells you that people are overpaid when they make a living wage.

Interview Questions

• Can you find this room on the floor plan. What did you do in the job you think was like this in the other hospital? Are you available if the coverage for the next shift does not come in?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The process began with a phone screen, then progressed to an in-person interview. Staff was extremely friendly and professional. All questions were expected. There were a few behavioral questions, so it's important to be prepared for those. Otherwise, nothing unexpected. Providing a sample of my work (e.g., writing sample) helped them better assess my skills.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a time your had to handle a difficult situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple basic questions. Wanted to know if you were a fit for the company. Everyone was really nice and expressed the culture of the company well. I was also screened by a department employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame adversity to reach a goal ?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and had multiple portions within the day. Met with several members of the department as well as department head. There were simple questions to get a sense of my experience and work ethic but most importantly my sense of professionalism and benefit I could bring/receive from the internship.

Bioinformatician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first find the position online;
    I submit the job application online;
    I got response from the employer;
    I first interviewed by the hiring manager;
    then I was scheduled to be interviewed by the department chair and other faculty members of the department;
    It took one whole day on site.
    I then talked with HR.
    Finally I got hired.

Bioinformatician Interview

Interview

A short tour within the hospital and research facility. Many employees there look very nice. Worcester is a nice town to live. I also talked to every colleague that I will potentially work with. They are all very nice. I also did a presentation on my past projects, which received positive feedback from the audience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some basic algorithms, like sorting, removing duplicates, finding overlaps. They also tested my python coding.   1 Answer