UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMass Medical School Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.6

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Applied to the position online through the career website and was contacted almost a month later to schedule an in-person interview. Got asked a few questions and was shown around the lab.

IT Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview took 3+ weeks consisted of three rounds.
    HR screening call lasted for 30 mins.(Brief you more about job and responsibility)(Tell me about yourself. What are your strength and weakness? Walk me through one of your Data Analysis projects.)
    Second
    Online Assessment consists of 30 questions each Excel, powerpoint, Word, Outlook.(Try to score at least 25 in each).
    They also send the report of your assessment.
    Third
    Onsite interview with Project Manager.

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview questions
      Learn about the company from the website.
      Practice basic database and data analysis interview questions.   Answer Question

IT Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (South Shrewsbury, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There were in total 3 rounds of interview and the entire process took more than 3 weeks.
    1st Round - HR screening
    2nd Round- Online assessment
    3rd Round F2F with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your data analysis experience.
      What tools have you used?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and had multiple portions within the day. Met with several members of the department as well as department head. There were simple questions to get a sense of my experience and work ethic but most importantly my sense of professionalism and benefit I could bring/receive from the internship.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted online, initial phone interview, then an in person interview followed by formal offer two weeks later. Interviewer was my direct supervisor, program director and current employee also interviewed me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple basic questions. Wanted to know if you were a fit for the company. Everyone was really nice and expressed the culture of the company well. I was also screened by a department employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame adversity to reach a goal ?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

1) Phone interview, which led to an in-person interview. The latter was very relaxed and informal. Just wanted to talk to me in person before I started.
    2) Asked about my previous lab experiences and was briefed about what the lab does.
    3) Discussed about possible project.

Interview Questions

• What relevant classes have you taken during college?
      Have you ever worked in a clinical lab?   Answer Question

Bioinformatician Interview

Interview

A short tour within the hospital and research facility. Many employees there look very nice. Worcester is a nice town to live. I also talked to every colleague that I will potentially work with. They are all very nice. I also did a presentation on my past projects, which received positive feedback from the audience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some basic algorithms, like sorting, removing duplicates, finding overlaps. They also tested my python coding.   1 Answer

Grants & Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Was called to come in at a mutually convenient time for interview. Set up a time to go in and was interviewed separately by 3 different people that I would work with. Was called in a second time and met with the team I would work with. Also met with the Director of the group during the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why we should hire you over other candidates?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

we discussed my career goals and current interests in research as well as the design of the study in question. There was plenty of time for me to ask questions about methods and to get a feel for the work environment I would be joining. The interview was with both a research associate and with the principle investigator for the study.

Interview Questions

• what my long term career goals were   1 Answer