UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Applied to the position online through the career website and was contacted almost a month later to schedule an in-person interview. Got asked a few questions and was shown around the lab.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

There was multiple times of phone interview with managers, director and HR related persons, and on-site presentation about my research, dinner with director. After that, there was salary adjustment. Also, my visa status was always asked in the beginning of interview with HP persons.

Interview Questions

• My future plan for research field, academia or industry   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I contacted the PI directly via his profile/lab page describing interest in working in his lab. The PI asked for my resume, list of references, unofficial transcript, etc. We then had a Skype interview for an hour to discuss future goals, interest, and potential research projects that I may work on.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I received an e-mail from the PI asking to arrange an in-person interview. At the interview, I met with the PI and a graduate student from the lab. The conversation was fine, but unfortunately it was clear they hadn't even glanced at my resume. My experience matched the job advertisement perfectly, but when I arrived at the interview the majority of job requirements were no where close to what the job ad described. Based on these new requirements, I was not a good fit for the position. I just wish they had looked at my resume before hand, or offered to talk to me on the phone to save me 4 hours of driving.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get your Master's degree?
      What techniques would you feel comfortable doing if you walked into the lab tomorrow?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I got a call to schedule interview. I interviewed with 3 people and I thought it went well. I got an email a few weeks later that I did not get the position.

Director of Applications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School in September 2014.

Interview

phonescreen by HR who asked the typical knockout question. Had 30 minute phone screen by hiring manager while driving. While in two weeks had an in person one hour interview with hiring manager. She took no note and didn't appear to have defined questions. Was told it would be a few weeks until they scheduled second round interviews with larger group. After a month with no communications, I followed up and was told "we have decided to go in another direction."

Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Hiring is done primarily through the UMass HR website. The candidate will receive an email invitation for an interview. Some primary investigators like to do a phone interview first, others will do an in-person interview. In order to maintain due-diligence, all candidates are required to be asked the same interview questions. Any person involved in the hiring process is required to fill out a post-interview evaluation. The candidate with the highest evaluation score gets the job.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was to give an oral summary of my work experience.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School in June 2013.

Interview

Fast process nice people , good questions ,

It was a good experience. Some behavior questions are tricky , be prepared , all questions on your resume

Very detailed questions ,