UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.6

Bioinformatician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first find the position online;
    I submit the job application online;
    I got response from the employer;
    I first interviewed by the hiring manager;
    then I was scheduled to be interviewed by the department chair and other faculty members of the department;
    It took one whole day on site.
    I then talked with HR.
    Finally I got hired.

Clinical Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Boston, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is painfully slow and will seem to have stopped. After initial communication several weeks may lapse until the candidate here's from the employer again. Often there is a disconnect between the hiring managers and the HR dept. HR at this organization is TERRIBLE. If you get to interviews, you'll likely meet with your future colleagues who are mostly bright, friendly, and underpaid. Demonstrate that you're a good team player and detailed oriented. Striking the right balance of reserved and out-going is key. Good to air on the side of reserved.

Interview Questions

• MassHealth is the biggest client of the organization. Do your homework on MassHealth and what comprises policy making. You may get a question like, "What would you do if you had a difficult client with whom you had to work?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's almost no wiggle room in negotiating, and the hiring managers have nothing to do with salary negotiation. It all comes down to HR, so remember that.

IT Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview took 3+ weeks consisted of three rounds.
    HR screening call lasted for 30 mins.(Brief you more about job and responsibility)(Tell me about yourself. What are your strength and weakness? Walk me through one of your Data Analysis projects.)
    Second
    Online Assessment consists of 30 questions each Excel, powerpoint, Word, Outlook.(Try to score at least 25 in each).
    They also send the report of your assessment.
    Third
    Onsite interview with Project Manager.

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview questions
      Learn about the company from the website.
      Practice basic database and data analysis interview questions.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Applied to the position online through the career website and was contacted almost a month later to schedule an in-person interview. Got asked a few questions and was shown around the lab.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple basic questions. Wanted to know if you were a fit for the company. Everyone was really nice and expressed the culture of the company well. I was also screened by a department employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame adversity to reach a goal ?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

If you are invited for an interview, you will most likely have interviews with 5 professors (either you chose previously depending on your interests or chosen by the school). These interviews are semi informal. Apart from these interviews, you will also have social time with current students or faculty members to learn about the school, program, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to UMass Medical School? What other schools did you apply? Did you get any offers from other schools you have applied? What are your research interests?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Seoul (South Korea)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied to this job via E-mail, with cover letter and CV. I got a E-mail from employer after a week to set up interview date. As I was in abroad, we had a skype interview. As my employer has a couple of more candidates, I needed to wait until she finished to have interview with other candidates. It took around a month.

Interview Questions

• Not a hard question. After gave an hour presentation, they asked what is my scientific goals and what is my working style (dependent to PI or independent)   1 Answer

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two round interview process that took about 3 months from the time I applied to the time I accepted the offer. First I met with my future boss and a coworker. For the second interview I met with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in this job?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with all staff in research department. Got a phone call a few days later with an offer from HR. They gave me a week to think about it and I accepted

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied via online portal, was contacted within 48hrs by the department's administrative assistant to be invited for an interview. Interviewed the next day directly with the supervisor I was going to be working under, lasted approx. 20 minutes. Then interviewed with another member of the lab, and also with the employee whose position I was to be taking (he was still working there at the time), lasted another 20 minutes. The next day was invited back for a second interview with the department head, and the department manager/head admin, approx. 30 minutes total. That afternoon was contacted by HR with the official job offer, and was given up to 48 hrs to make my decision.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work as a research technician   1 Answer