UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMass Medical School Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Moved with lab so there was no interview process

Interview Questions

• No relevant as I moved with my PI from a different place   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Very basic questions with a few bio related topics,along with programming questions

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

I moved with my supervisor to this institution. Since I was at instructor level on track for independence, I was allowed for a slight promotion to this position that allows independence.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was all right. Could have done a better job.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

phone and then 2 in person interviews to include in the hiring process this was done by the HR department and not the hiring manager. That is all I can say about the hiring process.

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Apply via application form. Took the GREs, applied through a standard process. After a few months, heard back and was invited to interview. Interview was a three day event, with presentations on the University itself and what research was done here (with example projects from current students). Interviews involved 5 one on one interviews with faculty, each being about 40 minutes long. Interviews involved talking about one's past research experience, and listening to current research by the professor themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come here to study research?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very easy an informal in my particular case. I was contacted via email asking to set up a phone interview, where I spoke directly with the person who became my supervisor. He explained the job to me, and did not ask extensive questions (I was expecting to have to explain myself much more). At the end he asked if this was something I was interested in, which obviously I was. He set up a 1 on 1 interview for later that week. I came in and spoke mainly with him, though he did introduce me to some other members of the lab. Again, this was very casual. After checking my references, I received an offer from the school, pending a check on my degree status. That went through very quickly and I started the job in a matter of weeks.

Postdoctoral Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

It was on Skype. Nothing special just chatted with my prospective PI

Interview Questions

• He did not asked me anything since he knows me quit awile   Answer Question

Negotiation

WE did not have it. But I wish he wee honest about my salary. He said it is up to HR (ahd it was a lie)

Instructional Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 15 different people over 5 months. The process was a bit ridiculous for a low level project manager job making 60k.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were quite easy. I was overqualified for the position it seems.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Director of Applications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School in September 2014.

Interview

phonescreen by HR who asked the typical knockout question. Had 30 minute phone screen by hiring manager while driving. While in two weeks had an in person one hour interview with hiring manager. She took no note and didn't appear to have defined questions. Was told it would be a few weeks until they scheduled second round interviews with larger group. After a month with no communications, I followed up and was told "we have decided to go in another direction."

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Bridgewater, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call for interview went to speak with the nursing unit administrator.She interviewed me and got all my credentials and told me that the HR will contact and the HR contact me to offer me the job.