UMass Medical School Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 10, 2017

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and had multiple portions within the day. Met with several members of the department as well as department head. There were simple questions to get a sense of my experience and work ethic but most importantly my sense of professionalism and benefit I could bring/receive from the internship.

IT Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (South Shrewsbury, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There were in total 3 rounds of interview and the entire process took more than 3 weeks.
    1st Round - HR screening
    2nd Round- Online assessment
    3rd Round F2F with hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your data analysis experience.
      What tools have you used?   Answer Question

IT Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview took 3+ weeks consisted of three rounds.
    HR screening call lasted for 30 mins.(Brief you more about job and responsibility)(Tell me about yourself. What are your strength and weakness? Walk me through one of your Data Analysis projects.)
    Second
    Online Assessment consists of 30 questions each Excel, powerpoint, Word, Outlook.(Try to score at least 25 in each).
    They also send the report of your assessment.
    Third
    Onsite interview with Project Manager.

Interview Questions

• Onsite interview questions
      Learn about the company from the website.
      Practice basic database and data analysis interview questions.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UMass Medical School.

Interview

Applied to the position online through the career website and was contacted almost a month later to schedule an in-person interview. Got asked a few questions and was shown around the lab.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Shrewsbury, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Simple basic questions. Wanted to know if you were a fit for the company. Everyone was really nice and expressed the culture of the company well. I was also screened by a department employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you overcame adversity to reach a goal ?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

If you are invited for an interview, you will most likely have interviews with 5 professors (either you chose previously depending on your interests or chosen by the school). These interviews are semi informal. Apart from these interviews, you will also have social time with current students or faculty members to learn about the school, program, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to UMass Medical School? What other schools did you apply? Did you get any offers from other schools you have applied? What are your research interests?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Seoul (South Korea)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied to this job via E-mail, with cover letter and CV. I got a E-mail from employer after a week to set up interview date. As I was in abroad, we had a skype interview. As my employer has a couple of more candidates, I needed to wait until she finished to have interview with other candidates. It took around a month.

Interview Questions

• Not a hard question. After gave an hour presentation, they asked what is my scientific goals and what is my working style (dependent to PI or independent)   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlestown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Charlestown, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

They called in for an interview where you are reviewed by a team that has no expertise in your work. Sometimes it seems as they don't know what the job description is.

Interview Questions

• What are the stages of a Product Lifecycle in RUP   1 Answer

Senior Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a two round interview process that took about 3 months from the time I applied to the time I accepted the offer. First I met with my future boss and a coworker. For the second interview I met with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I was interested in this job?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

interviewed with all staff in research department. Got a phone call a few days later with an offer from HR. They gave me a week to think about it and I accepted