UMass Medical School Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UMass Medical School Research Associate Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great. I was contacted by my boss via email and we arranged a preliminary interview over the phone. Then I came to the Medical School for an in-person interview. My boss is just great and she was very relaxed. I never felt intimidated or demeaned during my interview.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if I had doubts about what to do   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UMass Medical School

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from the lab manager. Interviewed directly with the lab. There was no phone screen. Job description was given (although it greatly changed from what I ultimately did after about a month). Technical questions regarding previous lab work was asked. It wasnt very long. About 2 hours in total. But the offer letter came after about a week or two.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is difficult to negotiate salary or raise because of restrictions from HR, even if you are a good candidate. However the sign on procedures after the interview were smooth.

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

2 informal (and informative) interviews in his office. We discussed his research work in detail. he asked me about my training and whether I thought I could solve the problems he was facing in his work. We discussed what kind of software I'd written and my mathematical research and dissertation.

Interview Questions

• This was not that kind of high-pressure interview. We discussed his research work in detail. he asked me about my training and whether I thought I could solve the problems he was facing in his work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UMass Medical School (Worcester, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very easy an informal in my particular case. I was contacted via email asking to set up a phone interview, where I spoke directly with the person who became my supervisor. He explained the job to me, and did not ask extensive questions (I was expecting to have to explain myself much more). At the end he asked if this was something I was interested in, which obviously I was. He set up a 1 on 1 interview for later that week. I came in and spoke mainly with him, though he did introduce me to some other members of the lab. Again, this was very casual. After checking my references, I received an offer from the school, pending a check on my degree status. That went through very quickly and I started the job in a matter of weeks.