UNC Chapel Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNC Chapel Hill Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

Digital Media Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

First, you will meet a group of School employees who I have worked with as the School’s web developer. This group meeting will be more informal, it will last for 45 minutes, and will give you the chance to learn more about our culture and people in addition to sharing about yourself.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. Your experiences and interests in this position. An evaluation of their website.   Answer Question

Resident Advisor Interview

Interview

There is an interview and if you make it past the first interview, there is a group process phase. The group process phase includes a few activities that you do with other applicants that test different aspects of the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. They were all pretty straight forward if you prepare.   Answer Question

PMO Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

One telephonic round with CIO and a series of on-site interview.(1 presentation and 4 back to back interviews). Absolutely nothing technical. No questions to challenge your ability to lead PMO. The interviewers were clueless about position. Doesn't matter how innovative you are, how technical you are, regardless of your strategies, regardless your leadership skills, you may not be a good candidate for this position or any other position in IT. You just have to know how to navigate in the State System, be politic enough to know interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 6 interviewers asked the same question " Why would you want to work with a State University" ?   1 Answer

Library Services Interview

Interview

Hiring process took one hour. I had a feeling the committee already had an applicant in mind and I was there to meet quota. The interview is the standard panel Q&A with a few questions related to the position. I was interviewed by three men. The committee has to write down every response. In one part of the interview, on of the committee members rolled is eyes at me while I gave a response. Completely unprofessional. In the later half of the interview, another member laughed at one of my questions. I was appauled. I was thankful for the gentleman that was professional. The actions of the committee turned me off and I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions
      Customer Service Questions
      Time Management
      Management skills
      Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill.

Interview

Overly-complicated, long day (over 8 hours total) for what was essentially an executive assistant position. (Am comparing this with other, higher position for which I have applied). Met with dean and assistant dean; also had to interview with four different panels. Lunch w/ dean and assistant dean. A writing exam as part of the interview. (Little surprised at that because they mentioned several times that they had only selected the 4 candidates out of 200+ because of our well-written, organized, and thorough cover letters, as well as the articles I had written.)

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position?
      How do you prioritize your tasks?
      How do you keep up with multiple, conflicting deadlines?
      What was your biggest disappointment?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would your current supervisor describe you?
      How do you handle conflict or confrontation? Provide an example.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

No phone interview (unusual for most jobs here). In person interview with the three person hiring committee. Second interview was with a selection of members from the whole IT Department.
    The first set of questions were very specific and focused on how I would handle certain situations in this role. The second interview were more laid back questions and focused more broadly on how I would work with the department and what I would like to improve.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle consulting with a professor regarding what kind of computer to purchase.   Answer Question
    • How do I keep track of my tasks and how do I keep organized.   Answer Question

Certified Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with 2 recruiters and went over my experience and answered basic questions. 2 days later I was offered the position. It was very easy going, was not invasive at all. Was more of a get to know. I could tell I got the job mid interview.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Straight forward typical academic job interview. Standard 1 hr research presentation followed by discussions with current lab members and personal interview with PI. A lunch meet and dinner with grad students was geared towards a more informal discussion of life around Chapel Hill

Interview Questions

• What I wanted to do in the role I was being hired   1 Answer

Accounting Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Medford, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

I got the interview two weeks after application. It was a 30-min skype call with mainly behavior questions. Start me resume and past experiences. And another big part was why I am interested in accounting. I gave some general answers that correlates with my experience. A third one I remember is what is the challenge and things to catch up if you were admitted.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is easy. Had a skype interview and offered the job after three weeks. But the administrative processing took nearly two more weeks. The whole process is done without any complications.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the previous work experience and the technical expertise mentioned in the cv   Answer Question