UNC Chapel Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UNC Chapel Hill

2.8

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a long wait time until I was invited on campus. Stayed in an on campus apartment and had meals with their staff. Good orientation to the campus and department.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with students who succeed at a high academic level?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Smooth

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by the potential boss. I met with every member of the office. The panel included at least five people. Interview lasted around 45 min. Atmosphere was friendly and welcoming. They asked questions about event management, fellowship/scholarship administration, international experience, and administration experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What is your experience managing fellowships?   Answer Question

Lab Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview with ~3 other candidates. Met many faculty and staff throughout the day. Toured the various labs. Asked a lot about my previous lab experiences. Process was not meant to test me, instead meant to get acquainted with my abilities and one another's expectations.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in October, 1st Interview about a month afterward. Did a second interview a week or so later. Background check in late November/early December. Job offer a couple weeks after. Began in January

Interview Questions

• It was quite informal. I was mostly asked about the type of experience I enjoyed versus settings I disliked and why.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2012.

Interview

I submitted my online application and did not hear back from 4+ weeks. I received an email asking for a phone interview, which I completed. Shortly after, I was asked in for an office interview. Once this was completed, I received an offer within 10 days. The hiring process is long, however- it was several months before I began the position.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked very many question during the interview, it was mostly them explaining the position to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, which surprised me. I had heard that UNC Chapel Hill SPA staff positions are not negotiable, but I took a chance and asked for a little more money than the initial offer.

IT Manager Interview

Interview

The process was incredibly slow as it was months before I was called for an interview. I was phone screened by 4 people asking basic questions about the position. I was not invited for an onsite interview.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

No phone interview (unusual for most jobs here). In person interview with the three person hiring committee. Second interview was with a selection of members from the whole IT Department.
    The first set of questions were very specific and focused on how I would handle certain situations in this role. The second interview were more laid back questions and focused more broadly on how I would work with the department and what I would like to improve.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle consulting with a professor regarding what kind of computer to purchase.   Answer Question
    • How do I keep track of my tasks and how do I keep organized.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill in November 2018.

Interview

For a university position, I felt like the interview process was very fast. I applied, interviewed twice, and received an offer in the course of about 2.5 weeks. Organization was very quick to follow-up with decisions after each interview. They conducted themselves extremely professionally and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a project in which you restructured part of your organization.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process was a three part interview. First part consisted of phone screen with department HR contact. Second was an in-person panel interview consisting of personality and skills questions. Third was in-person interview with hiring manager/department manager, when I was given the opportunity to fill out the background check authorization.

Interview Questions

• Most personality-based interview questions relating to job experiences. Nothing too extraordinary.   2 Answers

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UNC Chapel Hill in January 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Arrive early because parking can be an issue. Initial in-person interview was with 3 people- the team leads and their manager. Second in- person interview was with 10 team members. All were welcoming, informative, and professional. During both, interviewers took turns asking scripted questions. Be prepared- their questions cover a wide range and are behavioral event interview style questions. They all allowed me to ask questions and answered them openly.

Interview Questions

• nothing that I remember to be particularly surprising or difficult.   Answer Question