UNC Health Care Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UNC Health Care Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.7

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care.

Interview

UNC Health Care has a three part process called "Hiring for Excellence."
    This entails a 1 hour phone screen, 1 hour tech interview, and 3 hour final interview (sometimes with the same people as before)

The process is very exhausting, I've never been interviewed as much for any position as I was for UNC Health Care.

They offer low salaries, and are not really open to negotiation. They will let you walk away over the smallest amount of money ($1-2 an hour) despite the time and resources both parties have put into the interview process.

More than likely I'll never apply again.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Really easy. I applied online and got a call from the nursing HR. Came in for an interview with the HR rep, then with the unit/dept I was going to be assigned to. I was asked typical generic questions regarding my position. Got offered the position within less than 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult and how you were ablet o handle it.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email asking for a telephone interview. The first interview lasted 30 mins. The interviewer and I shared our stories of education and experience. My social gauge indicated the interview went very well and was confirmed by a follow-up interview.

Like most post MBA graduates, feedback is ever-important. On the 2nd phone call, I asked the interviewer to comment on some of my strengths and weaknesses. Interviewer raved about the strength of my candidacy, which felt nice. Their response to weaknesses was only, lack of health care experience. To address his response, I offered to forward an analytical heart data analysis project that I received a 95% on in graduate school.

I never heard back from the interviewer and received a generic email response indicating the company is moving forward with other candidates.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from the department admin person to schedule an in-person interview. UNC practices a thing called Hiring for Excellence, which is very time consuming and repetitive. Essentially, they line up 3-4 or more people to interview you individually with very similar if not the same questions for hours.
    The hiring managers were professional and polite. Just had to repeat the same things over and over to each person.

UNC moves very slow with their hiring process. So be prepared to hear about setting up an interview 1-2 months after you applied for the position and have already moved on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult team member. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage competing priorities?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? Why UNC?   Answer Question

Hospice Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was behavioral-questions based (situations where you felt you made a good decision, times you were in opposition of a co-worker, learning situations). Three interviewers took turns asking questions and taking notes.

Interview Questions

• What was the one thing you felt most proud of   2 Answers

ER Medical Scribe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

We had to submit a written essay describing why we wished to have this job as well as a piece of writing on our personal educational aspirations. We also had to include a cover letter and our resume. Once we went through the screening process we had to choose an interview date. I was asked a series of questions about how to react to certain situations and what characteristics I had that would be most effective in translating into the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if there was a situation where you as a scribe didn't agree with a provider? Or what would you do if a provider didn't want you around.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

There were one on one interviews with 3 hiring managers/HR employees. There were numerous in-depth interview questions. The process of applying, getting interviewed, being offered the job, and the job starting took several months.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you needed to complete multiple different tasks and how did you manage and prioritize this?   Answer Question

CNA I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy Interview. Just go in and be yourself and you will do well. I have worked at 3 hospitals and the interviews have been the same. A one on one interview, then a group interview. Just don't be nervous.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit? How would you respond in a situation where you did not agree with a coworker.   Answer Question

Population Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Morrisville, NC).

Interview

Applied online and heard back three weeks after applying. First was a brief phone interview then asked to come in for an in person interview on the phone. The interview was with three people in the company. No follow up after the interview.

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UNC Health Care (Chapel Hill, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Very detailed, uses a process called targeted selection where the applicant must describe instances where they made a decision, made a mistake, handled a conflict, etc. I was interviewed by nine people all together over a period of about three and a half hours. A lot of interviewing for a clerical position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you did something you were professionally proud of and tell why.   1 Answer