UNDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UNDP (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process was long but interview was professionally handled. Interviewers were friendly and very accommodating.The hiring process was indepth as well as they actually contact all the references you indicated.

Interview Questions

• How you handled an encounter with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UNDP (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, in July 2025. i was called for written technical test in september which i took and passed, i was later called for the oral interview in October. The panel was of 5 people that asked different competency based questions. Each had a set of questions and a score sheet. Afer the interview i was requested to send them my certificates. They said they would contact e.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were face with multiple tasks with similar deadlines, how did you sort them out and what could have you done differently?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNDP.

Interview

There was a phone interview after email correspondence. The phone interview was short but focused. They asked questions about what I was interested and previous experience, and what I could bring to the table as an intern.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNDP (New York, NY).

Interview

Like any consultancy at UNDP, this position was listed online through their jobs listing website. The application process was quite straightforward (no cover letter but 1000 character motivation statement).

I was contacted roughly 2 weeks after the closing date and tasked with a writing assignment. This was done over a weekend and was not difficult for any native or fluent English speaker.

The phone interview was conducted with 5 people on the line, each posing a different standard question. As this was the UN, I was asked to ask a question in French as I put down a proficiency level on my application. Word to the wise: Don't lie about your language skills.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at UNDP in June 2015.

Interview

I received interview invitation 1 month after I submitted my application. The interview took about 20 min, competency based as they said upfront. The interviewers are kind and friendly. It was in a relaxing and friendly mood. They asked my experience of multi-tasking, teamwork; and how would my skills and former experience contribute to my future work.

Interview Questions

• Your experience of multi-tasking, teamwork; your skills and former experience that will contribute to your future work   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNDP in May 2015.

Interview

I got the interview three days after the application deadline. Basically asking what I skills I have that could help the project, which was specified in the job advertisement. The whole process was quite casual and nothing too difficult. I was interviewed by my team leader.

Interview Questions

• How can you help the task? What skills do you have that are relevant to the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UNDP (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Ok, not relevant questions. But was OK. Written questions were more difficult. Process was very bureaucratic. Knowledge of UNDP's processes is essential to interview success, but when you arrive at the job, many successful candidates are bizarre people

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UNDP (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview scheduled by email. Interview was not hard and asked very general questions, the typical walk through resume, describe preivous experiences. describe computer skills etc. The position was not technical and the questions were also not very technical. After the interview soon they made an internship offer which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UNDP (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very friendly panel interviewed me with a brief introduction of their team and some behavioral questions. They are very interested to know the passion of candidates in the issue. The questions were not hard and the interview was quite quick. I was also able to met another intern they currently have after the interview.uite quick. I was also able to met another intern they currently have after the interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UNDP.

Interview

I applied online. Somebody from that office contacted me to schedule a face-to-face interview. The interview took only 15 minutes. 2 days after the interview, the manager offered me an internship, however she asked me if I was willing to start working 3 months after.

The questions were not unexpected.

1) Why do you want to work in this office? What do you know about the Organization?
    2) What motivates you to do this kind of work?
    3)What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
    4) When can I start working?

Interview Questions

• The questions were not unexpected.

2) What motivates you to do this kind of work?
      3)What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
      4) When can I start working?   Answer Question

Negotiation

UN and its agencies do not pay salaries to their interns