UNICOM Government Interview Questions in Chantilly, VA | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UNICOM Government (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I was a referral. I interviewed with the recruiter over the phone, 2 other PMs in person and met my hiring manager 1-1 as well. I also interviewed with a Director and spoke briefly to a VP, althought I wouldn't consider that meeting an "interview." I interviewed contingent upon them winning certain projects that had been bid so I was interviewed several months before my hire date, but that was expected and explained up front. The panel interview seemed like it was more to see if I was a cultural fit for the team than a test of my skills and I appreciate that having the right fit is important for the team. The recruiting team at the time was fantastic and very good about keeping in touch. The onboarding process was great as well.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected questions. There were several behavioral questions though. "Tell me about a project you've managed that failed and what you did..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

They matched my base salary at my previous large systems integrator employer through a combination of base and bonuses. The base was much lower than the larger company, but over the years promotions have been easier to come by and my salary is back to where it would be if I had stayed with the bigger company. Bonuses are all but non-existent now though.