UNM Hospitals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UNM Hospitals

3.1

Physical Therapist Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2020.

Interview

Online profile creation and resume upload, then an online personality questionnaire, then face to face interview. The face to face interview was about 20 minutes with many technical questions and personality questions followed by time for me to ask them questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2019.

Interview

Asked good questions but seemed disinterested in the answers. They tend to have formality interviews, they have someone else in mind to hire. Not a fair practice, lots of nepitisim and hiring of friends.

Interview Questions

• If you have a issue with a co worker, how do you deal with it?   1 Answer

Social Worker/Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of supervisors, social worker case managers, nurse case managers and a Case management assistant. They were very respectful and kind. They asked questions using set protocol and gave me a copy of the questions to review.

Interview Questions

• What are the things a patient must have in order to be discharged from the hospital?   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2017.

Interview

Small panel interview with charge nurse and nurse manager. Interview lasted about a half hour. I was told many people were being interviewed. Decision was made and relayed when stated.

Interview Questions

• Husband is making medical decisions for middle aged wife who is competent to make own decisions and is reluctant to have procedure. How do you handle?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2016.

Interview

Director and hired contractor interviewed for the first round with basic questions such as what makes you qualified for the position. After the first round, I went to a second interview with the medical director, administrator, and another senior director.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince another party to change their decision.   Answer Question

Safety Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview went well. The over all process took 6 months because it was a part time position and they were to change it to a full time posisiton. It was charged to full time and I was the canidate for the position.

Negotiation

It was negotiable and I meet their requirements and the pay was adjusted within my first year of employment.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard interview, standard questions; why you want to work there, what's your health care experience, what are your goals, etc. Very laid back interview for entry level job, make sure to present yourself cleanly.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple and laid back, very flexible with times. Company kept in close contact with me during the hiring process, and was easy to get a hold of questions.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2015.

Interview

The application process is easy, and I was called for an interview within two weeks. I was interviewed by the nurse manager and a nurse educator. They were friendly and professional. The questions were fairly standard, such as what are your career goals, why do you want to work there, and why they should hire me. I didn't get an offer, but I didn't expect to as working there didn't really align with my career goals.

Interview Questions

• How I developed relationships with co-workers.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UNM Hospitals in January 2014.

Interview

Applied for the position online and received a phone call a few weeks later. The interview was a peer interview, where everyone asked general questions. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to talk to. Exactly two weeks after the interview I received a phone call offering me the position. I took a few days to think on it (the whole thing was very unexpected) and eventually accepted the position a few days later. This was by far the easiest interview process I have ever been through. I had previously worked at a competitor hospital who's interview process was horrific, consisting of multiple interviews with different departments. This one was a breeze compared to that!.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult patient? If so, how did you handle them. (not word for word, but something along those lines)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although the base pay may not be all that great, ask about their "tier system". They have 3 tier levels of pay based on what certifications you have, experience, etc. It is also helpful to ask about health insurance and education reimbursement.