UOB Kay Hian Manager, Human Resource (UOB Group) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Manager, Human Resource (UOB Group)

UOB Kay Hian Manager, Human Resource (UOB Group) Interview Questions

Interviews at UOB Kay Hian

1 Interview Review

4.0

Manager, Human Resource (UOB Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was overall disappointing for such an established company.

The communication and follow-up were typical and up to expectation. However, the available Employer information and recruitment material looked as though it had not been updated since the 90's. The interview was held at the HR office at One Raffles Place, nothing extraordinary or exciting about the place either.

It is the actual interview process that was very negative. I highlight them below:
- The interviewer was late for almost 45 min after I was registered at the service counter.
- There was only 1 interviewer, which is atypical considering that it was for an executive/managerial position. (And apparently, it was the only round of interview required)
- Interview was not focused on establishing my suitability but appear more interested in my current company, the questions asked were about facts about company structure and manpower.
- Interviewer carried a very negative mindset at the onset of the interview, she referred a lot to my resume and there was very little clarification made. More time was spent on elaborating how demanding the incumbent's job is. The interviewer also appeared slightly hostile and openly criticised my experiences and professed doubts that I would not be able to handle those demands.
- Interviewer appeared to do a lot of pre-judging based on qualification, many of her questions were bluntly on why I did not do well in this or that area.
- The interviewer did not bothered to keep a professional front after the interview. After exiting the interview room, I waited at the registration counter to submit my actual certificates for verification (which I was instructed to do at the pre-interview registration), the interviewer noticed this, interrupted my submission and dismissed me brusquely, saying that my submission would not be required.