UOB Kay Hian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at UOB Kay Hian

2.7

Personal Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

After they received your CV, the shortlisted candidates will be invited to their HR department for the first interview basically asked about yourself, then around a week later, if the HR like you will be invited to the second interview, 3 interviewers 2 managers

Personal Banking Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2013.

Interview

Was told to describe myself, and what key competencies that would pertain to the needs of the job.

Interview Questions

• Sell your Samsung hand phone to a Chinese man in his 40s who used an iPhone and would like to get a new phone.   1 Answer

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fast and there were two rounds of interview. Both HR and the hiring managers were friendly. Was asked to introduce myself and questions were mainly revolved around the position that I was applying for and my background.

Equity Sales Dealer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian.

Interview

An individual interview but in the presence with the rest of the job seekers in a room.
    Pretty stressful situation.

I didnt have a very pleasant interview process as i find the interviewer is not professional at all. He was late for half an hour, his dressing was pretty sloppy and he doesnt seem interested in carrying out the interview at all.

Interview Questions

• "What do you think of the SGP current market and how will you carry out your sell pitch"   Answer Question

Equity Sales Dealer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, Central (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Newton, Central (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

Process was generally expected, collection of document by HR while interviewed carried out by head of equity sales. Good interview carried out, nothing too negative about the process. Was in a group of seven candidates

Equities Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview with HR, and interview with the Director of Equities sales desk. There will be a ton of forms to fill but only a couple of exams to take if you have a finance degree.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult and unexpected question is something you have to ask yourself. Do you see yourself staying in the line long term or is this just a stop over?   Answer Question

Manager, Human Resource (UOB Group) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview was overall disappointing for such an established company.

The communication and follow-up were typical and up to expectation. However, the available Employer information and recruitment material looked as though it had not been updated since the 90's. The interview was held at the HR office at One Raffles Place, nothing extraordinary or exciting about the place either.

It is the actual interview process that was very negative. I highlight them below:
    - The interviewer was late for almost 45 min after I was registered at the service counter.
    - There was only 1 interviewer, which is atypical considering that it was for an executive/managerial position. (And apparently, it was the only round of interview required)
    - Interview was not focused on establishing my suitability but appear more interested in my current company, the questions asked were about facts about company structure and manpower.
    - Interviewer carried a very negative mindset at the onset of the interview, she referred a lot to my resume and there was very little clarification made. More time was spent on elaborating how demanding the incumbent's job is. The interviewer also appeared slightly hostile and openly criticised my experiences and professed doubts that I would not be able to handle those demands.
    - Interviewer appeared to do a lot of pre-judging based on qualification, many of her questions were bluntly on why I did not do well in this or that area.
    - The interviewer did not bothered to keep a professional front after the interview. After exiting the interview room, I waited at the registration counter to submit my actual certificates for verification (which I was instructed to do at the pre-interview registration), the interviewer noticed this, interrupted my submission and dismissed me brusquely, saying that my submission would not be required.

Client Account Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in August 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager was detail in describing the jobscope. There were only one interviewers. Friendly. Process was fast and efficient. No hiccups. HR was very friendly and keep you updated about the outcome.

Margin Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UOB Kay Hian (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

Job application response is quite fast, HR called after 1 week of application.
    Arranged for interview with manager and HOD.
    Got a call after 1 week for confirmation, headed down to the office to sign the contract.