UOP Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

UOP Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

3.1

Design Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UOP (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager followed by in person interview with a panel of 5. During in person interview, presented a 10 minute power point on technology i will be working in within the company.

R&D Scientist/Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

I was a temp contractor working in the labs here. I knew they liked me and wanted to hire me, so the process was very easy. The easiest way to get in the door is to use a staffing agency for a contract job which then will likely turn into a full-time gig unless business is bad.

Interview Questions

• Basic fundamental chemistry facts. Asked me to describe undergrad projects or research.   Answer Question

Career Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL).

Interview

The initial interview was on campus, after signing up at my college's career fair. Then, all the prospective employees participated in a Fantastic Friday at a hotel near UOP's headquarters. During this time we heard presentations from various employees, got a tour of the facilities, and had a three on one interview at the hotel. They gave offers the next week.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand that 100% travel means you'll miss birthdays, weddings, and holidays with your family?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Received call from the recruiter.
    2. Two over-the phone interviews.
    3. In-person interviewed with three people

After three rounds of interviews, I never heard back from the company one way or another despite following-up two weeks later with an email and a phone call. Neither were returned. A company of this size did not send a form letter stating they made an alternate decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had difficulty producing an event.   Answer Question

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone call to schedule a phone screening with the Recruiter, phone interview with the Recruiter, later called to set up an in house interview. In person interview with 3 separate people, current person who held the role (was receiving an internal promotion), the hiring manager, and the department director. Total time for 1:1 interviews was 2 hours.

Senior R&D Engineer/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

1. Application online
    2. 90 min phone interview, all about research details
    3. On-site interview:

The on-site interview was tough. Firstly did a technical presentation for 1 hr. Then group interview by 10 scientists, asking difficult questions. Then individual interview by some scientists.

Interview Questions

• Any details in the presentation can be asked and even if it is nothing related to what you do. Probably just a technical term and you need to know deeply.   Answer Question

Principal Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

This was a full day interview with 1:1 meetings with potential future colleagues and managers. The day went pretty smoothly. I do recall one of the 'potential future' colleagues being somewhat down on the company during the interview. It was also startling that they group ordered a bottle of wine at lunch.

The one thing that stuck out was that we went out to lunch, and they ordered wine. I told them that I don't drink alcohol.... I've never been anywhere where drinking alcohol at lunch was an acceptable practice.

Because the job was meant to cover far east asia where drinking alcohol is nearly required as part of the culture, I have this feeling that could have been part of the reason that they didn't give me an offer, though there could have been others as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to get another person to perform a task. There really weren't any interview questions that stood out because they were all so standard and canned.   1 Answer

R&D Tech Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Informal meet & greet with company engineer at career fair, applied online, phone interview, and then Chicago formal interview with a panel of 4 interviewers.
    It all took place in almost a month.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about UOP?
      Why do you want to join UOP?
      Give a moment where you had to work in a group?
      Other typical interview questions...
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process was quite nice. Received a phone call from HR and was flown from my present location (IA) to Marriot in Des Plaines. A tour of the Pilot Plant was given at the Des Plaines location. Seems to be a great place for a chemical engineer to begin work upon graduation. People seemed professional and friendly. The interview was pretty average. Sat in front of 3 long-time employees. Be prepared to know and explain your resume inside and out.

Interview Questions

• Written on my resume was a skill regarding my ability to work in a team, interface with others, etc. I was asked to explain/prove this.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I was initially contacted by phone by an HR representative who described the company and asked simple questions about my background. Then, they flew me out to their office about a week later. I was given presentation of company. My impression was that the employees seem to have opportunity to travel a lot. A panel of 3 interviewed me, questions primarily behavioral, e.g. how do you manage your time? what is your most difficult/favorite class? etc. Overall, they were very nice and made me feel comfortable.