UOP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

3.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Chemical Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UOP in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this company on line. On the day after application, they sent me an email with link connecting to the interview. It was phone interview with recorded questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for my company?
      Do you have any limitation to start to work for my company now?
      Did you apply for another position in my company?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Received call from the recruiter.
    2. Two over-the phone interviews.
    3. In-person interviewed with three people

After three rounds of interviews, I never heard back from the company one way or another despite following-up two weeks later with an email and a phone call. Neither were returned. A company of this size did not send a form letter stating they made an alternate decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had difficulty producing an event.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

There was a phone screening and then an invitation to interview onsite. The onsite interview is called Fantastic Friday and there are three sessions, so it is pretty competitive. It is very important that you are willing to travel and will commit to working for the company for 5-7 years. The first two years are training in Des Plains, IL and the remaining 5 years are spent traveling to sites. Two 30 minute interviews with two engineers each or one HR person. Asked behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to sacrifice quality for quantity?   Answer Question

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UOP in October 2014.

Interview

Went to an info session at school, applied the next day at a job fair, invited for an inperson interview the next day and then invited to Fantastic Friday the day after that. The interviews are very casual so there is nothing to worry about. There are no technical questions as they are not trying to throw you off, they are just looking for the very best candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to choose quantity over quality.   1 Answer

Full Time Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UOP in September 2014.

Interview

Got interview the day after the career fair at school. They called me the evening to inform about the interview. Told me to hear back after a week or two

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Prepare on why you want to work here and team work exp   Answer Question

Research Scientist/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

I applied through website, got phone interview 1 week after. All questions are behavior questions. Questions are not hard to answer, you just need to prepare for them. I didn't go further, I guess my answer didn't make recruiter satisfied or they found better candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

Went through interview on campus and then a hiring event. At the event, there was a social dinner and then interviews and plant tour the next day

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and make sure you know what they do and why you want to work for them   Answer Question

Orocess Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Had an phone interview, went pretty well, asked mostly behavioral question, and from the resume. be prepared to answer anything from your resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked about visa sponsorship... and thats the reason why i was not hired   Answer Question

Senior R&D Engineer/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

1. Application online
    2. 90 min phone interview, all about research details
    3. On-site interview:

The on-site interview was tough. Firstly did a technical presentation for 1 hr. Then group interview by 10 scientists, asking difficult questions. Then individual interview by some scientists.

Interview Questions

• Any details in the presentation can be asked and even if it is nothing related to what you do. Probably just a technical term and you need to know deeply.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UOP in April 2013.

Interview

About two weeks after online application, I got an email to set up a phone interview in a week. This is a call from a hr person. She asked mostly standard behavior questions such as why do you want to work for UOP? What's your biggest achievement? Got rejection email about two weeks later.