UOP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UOP Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

They intereviewed right after the career fair at my University. Then very next day, no online application or anything. Took my resume and scheduled in my time slot and everything.

The interview itself wasn't very hard. A couple personal/behavior questions. They glanced over parts of my resume but I think we spent most of the time talking about the company itself.

After that I was given an acceptance letter for their second round interviews within a week or two. Their second round interviews are on site so they had us travel to Des Plaines, Ill. They're very flexible with their travel arrangements as I had to cancel on the first group of second round interviews. You spend two days(Thursday and Friday) in Des Plaines.

They call this second round interviews Fantastic Friday. It includes plant tours and social meeting with employees in the company

The second round interviews are much harder with three groups interviewing. Usually each group is made of two or three people. The questions are very resume focused asking you a lot of technical questions about my resume. Still not a bad thing just gets tiring having to answer very similair questions each round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Where do you expect to be in 5-10 years. It's not a hard question but it's VERY important to them because of their business model.   1 Answer
    • How do you believe your work on your resume relates to the company and how can your expertise help the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't a negotiation phase.

Chemical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UOP in October 2014.

Interview

Went to an info session at school, applied the next day at a job fair, invited for an inperson interview the next day and then invited to Fantastic Friday the day after that. The interviews are very casual so there is nothing to worry about. There are no technical questions as they are not trying to throw you off, they are just looking for the very best candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to choose quantity over quality.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I got the first round interview from a college career fair. They called me a few days later for a second round interview at their headquarters. It was a two day event and we were able to take a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class? Least favorite?
      Explain a situation where you failed. Explain how you recovered.   Answer Question

Full Time Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UOP in September 2014.

Interview

Got interview the day after the career fair at school. They called me the evening to inform about the interview. Told me to hear back after a week or two

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Prepare on why you want to work here and team work exp   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UOP (Mobile, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

Fair. Standard, typical questions of business interviews. Made sure that the expectation of a twenty four hour, seven day a week manufacturing atmosphere was well established. Consisted of a phone screen interview followed by a site visit with an interview with two managers and plant tour. Shortly after interview was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

Phone screen was with a very pleasant and professional HR representative and lasted around 30 minutes. Got called in 2 weeks later for an in-person interview on site. Interview lasted 3 hours and consisted of a panel interview that lasted an hour with 3 employees, followed by 4 one-on-one interviews. Questions were very detail oriented into my past research experiences. Questions about attention to detail and safety were also very common.

Interview Questions

• What are some qualities in others that you find it easy to work with?   1 Answer

Sales Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UOP (Des Plaines, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone call to schedule a phone screening with the Recruiter, phone interview with the Recruiter, later called to set up an in house interview. In person interview with 3 separate people, current person who held the role (was receiving an internal promotion), the hiring manager, and the department director. Total time for 1:1 interviews was 2 hours.

Research Scientist/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

I applied through website, got phone interview 1 week after. All questions are behavior questions. Questions are not hard to answer, you just need to prepare for them. I didn't go further, I guess my answer didn't make recruiter satisfied or they found better candidate.

Interview Questions

Interview

3 phone interviews then a day long onsite interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UOP.

Interview

Went through interview on campus and then a hiring event. At the event, there was a social dinner and then interviews and plant tour the next day

Interview Questions

• All behavioral and make sure you know what they do and why you want to work for them   Answer Question