UPMC Research Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPMC Research Specialist Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Oakmont, PA).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening interview on 6/17/16 by a UPMC HR specialist. The interview was easy and brief, lasting about 30 minutes. My HR contact was personable and basically just asked me to elaborate on my resume, as well as a few very common behavioral questions (i.e. When was a time you had to deal with conflict at work and how did you resolve it?) At the end of the interview I was informed about various research positions I'd be a possible fit for and that she would forward my resume to them. She also gave me her e-mail address so that I could contact her if I never heard from any of the PI's.

I was finally contacted for an in person interview at Western Psych on 7/11, and scheduled it for 7/15. I met with the PI, and two other research associates. Everyone was very friendly and gracious. The Interview was more conversational than formal, but they did have a mandated list of questions to ask. At the end of this interview the CRA who initially contacted me to come in promised to contact me in 2 weeks whether I got the job or not.

I didn't end up getting the position, but the interviewer wrote me a very nice note explaining that i was a top candidate and will do well wherever my career leads me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this specific study?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPMC

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

The woman who hired me was a professor at the University of Pittsburgh. She interviewed candidates, selected the person she wanted to hire, and had UPMC extend an offer. The process with UPMC took a while, I have never had such a thourough background check! The only reason the process was so quick is that my future boss had them rush it as the staff member I was replacing had a specified end date and she wanted me to be at least slightly trained by her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is pretty much no negotiation with UPMC and the raises are mimimal.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a visit to the laboratory and an interview with key personel.
    This included presentations by staff and postdoctoral associates on their work with the expectation that I would comment, question and review their presentation.
    There was also a lunch and discussion through lunch on laboratory managerial issues, such as the methods for ordering and management of staff and hierachy.

Interview Questions

• Why move to Pittsburgh specifically?   1 Answer