UPMC Research Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakmont, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Oakmont, PA).

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening interview on 6/17/16 by a UPMC HR specialist. The interview was easy and brief, lasting about 30 minutes. My HR contact was personable and basically just asked me to elaborate on my resume, as well as a few very common behavioral questions (i.e. When was a time you had to deal with conflict at work and how did you resolve it?) At the end of the interview I was informed about various research positions I'd be a possible fit for and that she would forward my resume to them. She also gave me her e-mail address so that I could contact her if I never heard from any of the PI's.

I was finally contacted for an in person interview at Western Psych on 7/11, and scheduled it for 7/15. I met with the PI, and two other research associates. Everyone was very friendly and gracious. The Interview was more conversational than formal, but they did have a mandated list of questions to ask. At the end of this interview the CRA who initially contacted me to come in promised to contact me in 2 weeks whether I got the job or not.

I didn't end up getting the position, but the interviewer wrote me a very nice note explaining that i was a top candidate and will do well wherever my career leads me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this specific study?   1 Answer