UPMC Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPMC Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC.

Interview

Not too hard. Asked to whiteboard and talk through solution. Met with two separate teams and went through the same process with each. Management and recruiting don't really know where they will put people till after interviews so it is hard to gauge possible co-workers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPMC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied it online, the application process is fussy, always asked me to check the answer before I submit the application.The website need to improve. But the interview process is quite simple, just two round, one for technical and one for HR. For the technical part, they asked me some algorithm design questions.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met with a talent acquisition specialist at a career weekend fair event and agreed to a phone interview in a few days. I had my phone interview which consisted of simple questions such as what classes I was taking in college, my hobbies, what got me interested in the software engineering field, and other stuff like that. At the end of the call we agreed to an interview date in two days at the UPMC Enterprises location. I arrived there and had a group panel interview. I was called the next week letting me know I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic technical questions like what is polymorphism and can you explain encapsulation and then was told to complete the FizzBuzz exercise on a whiteboard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

There are two rounds of interviews. The first round is a bunch of questions just proving you have familiarity with programming at all. The second round is a little more in depth were they give you multiple problems over a two hour span and expect you to solve them on a while board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were in a phase of hiring a lot of employees. There wasn't much negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPMC in October 2011.

Interview

No behavior questions, only technical questions which are not related to my qualifications.
    They schduled for 3 hours, but stopped in half, because these guys who should interview me
    couldn't make the time that day.
    Left confused not sure what type of tech they really need.
    People asked random questions, or don't know what to ask.
    Seems like they do the same type programming, no UI, no backend, no complicated sp, functions.