UPS Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS (Columbus, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Take 3 days got a call back started work on Monday thru a temp agency. The hiring person told me different then what was expected .thought I was going to be inside on the phone was actually hired to do audits outside. Opening every trailer on property

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process for the particular job was very, very brief and over the phone. The hiring manager seemingly was impressed with the resume that was submitted. It lasted perhaps a little more than 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If I accepted the offer how soon would I become available.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Just a background of myself. it was nothing special. just asked questions about my background. Nothing too hard. It was very easy and there were two managers that just discussed the previous experiences.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Process: Initial phone screening, interviewed with the hiring manager, interviewed with the department manager. My main point of contact was the HR manager that communicated to the hiring managers on my behalf.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Are you able to carry out the role responsibilities? What are you looking for at UPS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website. I was then called in for an interview. I went in for an interview with the Terminal Manager, which went very well and very relaxed. Then I was called to come in for official hire.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle around people that aren't of the same background?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS in February 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application. A week later, I got a call from HR that confirmed that UPS was interested and they will be in contact for an interview. A week later, i was called to schedule an interview for the same week. I interviewed with two managers. They asked basic questions about my background and they wrote down some notes. Afterwards, they got off script and they asked more in depth questions. It was a bit unsettling being interviewed by two people. They both wore poker faces the whole time as well, so I couldn't get a feel for them and know if they are interested. They took too long to get back to me, and I kept trying to follow up with the HR that never answered their phone, or email. The whole process should be more efficient and clearer. The HR only sent me a vague email that didn't mention who i would be meeting with or mention there was a lot of security at the building so plan accordingly. The security checks made me late and i could have felt more comfortable if i was told I was meeting with two people and when i would have heard back. Furthermore, the HR is a joke, they never answer the phone or answer their email, and.I feel this company doesn't respect their potential employees when they don't take the time to follow up with a person that drove to a different state to get to the interview and spent, over a hour in their interview. I just feel so disappointed. I thought this company respected their workers, but a company that has respect for their people would never treat people this way.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

After getting a call from HR and setting up the date for the interview, it didn't take long to get a confirmation from the HR in that branch. It took two weeks before HR called to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• One instance that you didn't agree with the employer and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Was through a Temp Agency and online. I was asked to complete an application package which was processed via email. I completed the package within a day and a half to get the hiring process moving. A total of three of us were contracted for the month of December to do work mainly using MS PowerPoint, email, and a company-based system.

Interview Questions

• Can you be available, immediately, for one month of hire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2014.

Interview

The process for the interview was quite efficient. At first, there was one phone interview and I was later called in for two more interviews; shortly thereafter receiving an offer for the job of Administrative Assistant. The process was incredibly smooth and really encourage me at first as it gave the impression that UPS was truly interested in young professionals; a year-and-a-half later I'm having trouble to believe that is still the case unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Could you see yourself working here for a long time?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS in January 2013.

Interview

Was normal, asked me about my years of experience, what I would like to do in future, what I had planned for the role, whether i could use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Asked about whether I am comfortable working in a team for four adult persons from different walks of life and with different view points of the world.