UPS Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

1.6

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First we went on a tour of the package facility which was alright. Then there was a short 10 minute, individual interview with someone who works at UPS. They were very honest that during the holiday season, you have to work extra long hours.

Packer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Aurora, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Panel interview. You had to interview with multiple people. There was a lot of waiting between interviews. Then they were asking some of the same questions the previous person did. Then no follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Know Your Worth!

Alright, let me start out by saying I understand some people need jobs or just can't afford to decline any offers. However, let me say this: KNOW YOUR WORTH.

Okay, next point:

This so-called "interview" wasn't really an interview. They simply asked for two forms of identification and if you are sure this is something you would be interested in. Let you tell you this, they will glance (not read) over your resume. The person interviewing me didn't even know I had a BBA despite having my information in front of her. C'mon HR, if you're going to have someone conduct "interviews", at least make them read the darn resume.

Next, I'm going to give you the breakdown of how much you will be "earning" if you accept this position.

Wages: 10.20 per hour (Hodgkins, IL Facility)
    Weekly Pay Check: Paid Every Friday

Approximate Take Home Pay:
    3.5 hours at $10.20 for 5 days is a minimum of $178.50 or $255 maximum
    (Less 18% from taxes) -$32.12
    (Less Union Dues at 7%) -$13
    Weekly payout = $133.37

In addition to this pay, you only get access to a 401 K retirement plan and educational assistance upon employment. (up to $25K with $5,250 per year) This doesn't include one week vacation, one option week, and 3 option days as well as paid holidays. You can only get these days off including medical and dental AFTER 1 year of employment.

So why did I apply? I needed money fast to pay bills while I search for a better job. The lady that interviewed me said that only after 40 days as a Package Handler, I could possibly advance to Part Time Supervisor (same tasks and hours, but pay just marginally better), and then I could advance to management or hr after 40 or more days as PT supervisor. So advancement is possible.

After the interview, you'll be scheduled to attend a tour of the facility, at which all of your information and i9 must be completed and submitted.

It seems as if the people conducting the interviews don't really care out the interviewee's circumstances, and are trying to meet or exceed their quotas to earn more money. They give you garbage hours so you aren't eligible for benefits and they can pay you less than what competitors or other industries do. All for the sake of preying on poor people and work them until they decide they are worth more than this. Unless you are working full time and looking for part time work, PLEASE DO NOT GIVE IN AND ACCEPT THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS AVAILABLE. Know your worth and save your time.

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Harvey, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Easy, straight forward and quick. they didnt really ask for much i just got the job on the spot that was it just that easy they are going to ask you a coupe of simple yes no questions

Interview Questions

• Do you have good transportation from there and back to work   1 Answer

Unloading Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Palatine, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

called for an interview, went in, normal interview questions. this was for the palatine, il warehouse. very nice people at interview. asked very simple questions just about myself and work experience. heard from them a couple days later that I got the job

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Hodgkins, IL).

Interview

Fairly easy interview process, they just make sure you can hold down a job and are ready to work in horrible hot - cold - factory conditions and will not be a liability.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift 49lbs and stand, walk, crawl, and bend at the knees constantly.   2 Answers

PT Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hodgkins, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Hodgkins, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Showed up, got handed a paper with info to read (same as online).
    Got called into to speak with a woman, scheduled a tour, filled out some info on the computer and left- whole process was maybe 20 mins

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ups?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Casual- Waited about 15 minutes in store after scheduled interview time. See if you can casually converse and gauge previous work experience. Speak with owner and then the manager.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at UPS (Elk Grove Village, IL).

Interview

After filling out an application online two days later I was given a phone interview I was invited to an in person interview the interview was intimidating two hiring managers interviewed me I didn't get the position because I didn't do my research on the logistical side of ups

Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Palatine, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

One two minute phone call, I had the job the moment I hit "submit" on my computer but did not know that yet. All they asked was to show up on a certain date for orientation.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, not much. They just need bodies, plain and simple.   1 Answer