UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an invitation to interview. There were 8 candidates at the interview. We recieved a brief job description and then we're asked if anyone was referred by a family member. Those who were we asked to stay, everyone else was asked to leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you have family working at UPS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the ups website,
    They scheduled a tour at the ups,
    Then an interview in 7 days,
    Fill up the forms on the website (w-4 and direct deposit info)
    I'm still waiting for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ups?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online and had to put in for an interview on the website. came in on my scheduled day and was told about the company and a quick overview. took the road test and passed, but its on a stick shift and its difficult to pass if your not 100% comfortable with stick. basically gotta get used to the truck on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Lake Charles, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was not an interview, only a few tests to pass such as driving test and dot physical. After passing they will run a background check followed by driving school.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with 2 interviewer who were very thorough, specific, informative and courteous. I had to take a 3 day training course after being verified from my resume information. I had call backs, email exchanges and time confirmations. It happened quickly and all bases were covered.

Interview Questions

• They asked my drivers experience. It was also important that I knew how to drive a stick shift vehicle. Automatics were not available to take your drivers test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I Applied online. After the online process an offer for a Interview came up. I choose the first day available, which was two days later. Came back for 2nd interview the next day. Heard back from HR within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• This is a part time job and the full time position will take 4-5 yrs to become. Are you still interested?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dulles, VA).

Interview

It was very short and easy. The questions were pretty much closed ended questions and not open ended at all really. They did not seem very organized. When you get called in, they give you an orientation with other applicants. Then you will have a one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Kisco, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mount Kisco, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a group discussion basically giving information on the company and to expect on the job. Then an individual interview right after - basic questions, easy, not long. You then wait to be contacted to take a driving test - must know how to use a manual shift. Truck is not the greatest, shifting not like a car.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to follow all safety rules?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Latham, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I actually didn't even know I was interviewing the day of my interview and I walked out with a job. It was probably the easiest job I ever interviewed for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer