UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

1.9

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an invitation to interview. There were 8 candidates at the interview. We recieved a brief job description and then we're asked if anyone was referred by a family member. Those who were we asked to stay, everyone else was asked to leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you have family working at UPS?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online in the ups website,
    They scheduled a tour at the ups,
    Then an interview in 7 days,
    Fill up the forms on the website (w-4 and direct deposit info)
    I'm still waiting for an answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ups?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

applied online and had to put in for an interview on the website. came in on my scheduled day and was told about the company and a quick overview. took the road test and passed, but its on a stick shift and its difficult to pass if your not 100% comfortable with stick. basically gotta get used to the truck on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Lake Charles, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was not an interview, only a few tests to pass such as driving test and dot physical. After passing they will run a background check followed by driving school.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke with 2 interviewer who were very thorough, specific, informative and courteous. I had to take a 3 day training course after being verified from my resume information. I had call backs, email exchanges and time confirmations. It happened quickly and all bases were covered.

Interview Questions

• They asked my drivers experience. It was also important that I knew how to drive a stick shift vehicle. Automatics were not available to take your drivers test.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I Applied online. After the online process an offer for a Interview came up. I choose the first day available, which was two days later. Came back for 2nd interview the next day. Heard back from HR within 7 days.

Interview Questions

• This is a part time job and the full time position will take 4-5 yrs to become. Are you still interested?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Obetz, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Obetz, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was basically filling out a form and listening about company's requirements. Their main concern was your ability to drive a manual transmission truck safely.

I applied on 24th, I received the email with interview schedule the next day, which was to be held on Friday morning the 27th. They wanted me to get physical and drug screening done before the interview. So I had half a day do it and it was hectic and messy.

Interview itself took about 5 minutes followed by overview of the position, expectations, requirements, and the overall situation as far as getting hired full time/part time.

After 30 min talk, you were given the opportunity to leave, I decided to stay and they set up training class, which was to be held next Monday. I showed up Monday morning at 8am, after 35 minute drive only to be told the class was cancelled and will be held later. Class was rescheduled 3 times, from their side. Finally after 5 weeks I started attending class (4 drivers trainees total). Class took one week to complete and I passed with excellent score.

At the end of the class each passing student was assigned to his new center and direct manager. One person got switched to another center as driver HELPER, not a driver. One was put on hold as his center didn't have any vacancies and two of us were standing next monday. I came to work on monday and the car was packed to the gills. You couldn't open the back door without having packages falling out. So it took team of two, driver with 23 yr experience doing the route and me as trainee full 12 hours, and I think I did considerably well BUT !!! I come to work next day and they tell me someone in the center had accident yesterday and they had to be assigned a supervisor to go with him and because it was vacation season, I didn't have my supervisor anymore. So I was sent home and was told to call tomorrow. So I did call at 7am every morning for 3 weeks only to b told the same BS: "Sorry, I don't have anyone today, call back tomorrow." After 3 weeks of calling every morning at 7am, after working late shifts until 2am every night, I decided to stop and asked them to give me a call. They never called back, yet they kept posting job ads for delivery drivers.

While almost every single person I came across at UPS was friendly and nice in general, the organization, structure and their mentality is below frozen fish. WHAT A MESS ?!? From day one they put lot of pressure on moving things fast, yet the company is dysfunctional and now I am super happy I don't work for them. Saved me lots of headaches.

Interview Questions

• Can you drive a manual? What is your experience driving manual?   1 Answer
    • Why you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dulles, VA).

Interview

It was very short and easy. The questions were pretty much closed ended questions and not open ended at all really. They did not seem very organized. When you get called in, they give you an orientation with other applicants. Then you will have a one on one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Kisco, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mount Kisco, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a group discussion basically giving information on the company and to expect on the job. Then an individual interview right after - basic questions, easy, not long. You then wait to be contacted to take a driving test - must know how to use a manual shift. Truck is not the greatest, shifting not like a car.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to follow all safety rules?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Latham, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Very quick and easy. I actually didn't even know I was interviewing the day of my interview and I walked out with a job. It was probably the easiest job I ever interviewed for.