UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Obetz, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Obetz, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview was basically filling out a form and listening about company's requirements. Their main concern was your ability to drive a manual transmission truck safely.

I applied on 24th, I received the email with interview schedule the next day, which was to be held on Friday morning the 27th. They wanted me to get physical and drug screening done before the interview. So I had half a day do it and it was hectic and messy.

Interview itself took about 5 minutes followed by overview of the position, expectations, requirements, and the overall situation as far as getting hired full time/part time.

After 30 min talk, you were given the opportunity to leave, I decided to stay and they set up training class, which was to be held next Monday. I showed up Monday morning at 8am, after 35 minute drive only to be told the class was cancelled and will be held later. Class was rescheduled 3 times, from their side. Finally after 5 weeks I started attending class (4 drivers trainees total). Class took one week to complete and I passed with excellent score.

At the end of the class each passing student was assigned to his new center and direct manager. One person got switched to another center as driver HELPER, not a driver. One was put on hold as his center didn't have any vacancies and two of us were standing next monday. I came to work on monday and the car was packed to the gills. You couldn't open the back door without having packages falling out. So it took team of two, driver with 23 yr experience doing the route and me as trainee full 12 hours, and I think I did considerably well BUT !!! I come to work next day and they tell me someone in the center had accident yesterday and they had to be assigned a supervisor to go with him and because it was vacation season, I didn't have my supervisor anymore. So I was sent home and was told to call tomorrow. So I did call at 7am every morning for 3 weeks only to b told the same BS: "Sorry, I don't have anyone today, call back tomorrow." After 3 weeks of calling every morning at 7am, after working late shifts until 2am every night, I decided to stop and asked them to give me a call. They never called back, yet they kept posting job ads for delivery drivers.

While almost every single person I came across at UPS was friendly and nice in general, the organization, structure and their mentality is below frozen fish. WHAT A MESS ?!? From day one they put lot of pressure on moving things fast, yet the company is dysfunctional and now I am super happy I don't work for them. Saved me lots of headaches.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for UPS?   1 Answer
  • Can you drive a manual? What is your experience driving manual?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I received an invitation to interview. There were 8 candidates at the interview. We recieved a brief job description and then we're asked if anyone was referred by a family member. Those who were we asked to stay, everyone else was asked to leave.

Interview Questions

• Do you have family working at UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Eagan, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and the next day, I received a phone call for an interview. I scheduled a time for the following day. They are very prompt and upfront about the job and its requirements. They ask simple questions to get to know you. From that, they determine if you would be qualified to take the job and the tests that go along with it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Disorganized dog-and-pony show; two-day process for me to discover it is a come-on. I applied online on a Thursday. The system gave me an appointment immediately for the following Monday at 2pm. I was one of about 25 candidates. The HR rep gave us a rundown of the job, pay, benefits, etc. Those of us still interested were told to come back for interviews the next day. We did, all for the same time, and were told the rep would be an hour late. "How do you interview everyone at once?" you might ask. You don't. So the process took HOURS. It is much like going for a civil service job--you wait, and wait, and wait, and get jerked around.

I came to find out UPS is not really serious about hiring anybody. You need 40 working days to get on the job or they let you go (you may be scheduled and show up only to find out they don't need you and be sent home). A lot of guys are let go after 39 days. They don't make the union, they don't get on the job. UPS just uses them as non-union, temporary help while making them think they're getting a job out of it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for UPS? (This is really the only question.)   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Interview

Company will ask you many questions to get to know your personality. If you have a clean criminal record, and you answer all questions with a good attitude and a smile, they will hire you. Clean cut look is definitely a plus.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Springfield, MO) in October 2010.

Interview

Extensive background into everywhere you have worked. Extremely thorough checks that will root out the bad prospects from the good ones.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your work ethic and expect very hard working employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a union job with a set scale for hourly employees.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS in June 2011.

Interview

Basic interview questions with the HR rep about experience and proficiencies followed by a driving assessment later in the week. Taking your time and going along with their standards for the driving test is a must if you want to pass.

Interview Questions

• What is the largest vehicle you have been licensed for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Johnstown, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

The hiring was for drivers helpers..and the interview was easy. Just be yourself yet dress nicely. The ones who didn't dress decent did not get called back for the second interviews.
    They just asked simple questions and were looking for honest people who were hard workers.

Negotiation

Could not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishersville, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Fishersville, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Just basically asked simple questions then said "We will get back to you in about a week."

Anonymous Employee in DuBois, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPS (DuBois, PA).

Interview

UPS doesn't contact past employers or references. they hire who they want regardless of experience or work ethics.

Negotiation

There wasn't one.