UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

Typical questions...Why do you want to work here, The work enviorment can be very demanding and difficult at times during inclement weather etcc. Very easy laid back interview. So professional, probably one of the best interviews I've ever had. The interviewer wasn't uptight, didn't ask any personal questions. Asked about previous work experience in only the related field.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you succeeded and your ability to problem solve an issue where you were not at fault...And with all the background in customer service and delivering why are you applying for this poition   1 Answer

Family comes first and it was more of a schedule conflict.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

If you apply online make sure you follow up with the HR (either phone, email or face to face). I applied in june and didnt get the ok until august. Then, you will go to the driving course for a few days. Its not hard, just remeber all the rules they teach you.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Union pay scale.

Anonymous Employee in Franklin Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Franklin Park, IL).

Interview

First I applied online then a few weeks later I received an email stating that I was invited to an interview. I showed up and there were about 8 other applicants in a room and the HR rep gave a breakdown of the job. Next the HR rep met with each applicant individually. When I met with the rep she asked for my social security number and a few questions to confirm the information on the application was correct. After the interview I received a call about a hour later telling me when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

HR talked about the Job description, salary, benefits package, route description of delivery and and hourly rates in a 3 year period. Driver must delivery over 100 packages a day during regular time peak time 300 to 400.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Buffalo, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview Process was casual, they said part time but what they do not tell you is that it is really "casual driver" which means one week you work 5 hours the next nothing.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a clean license?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UPS (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

It was fine, i sat down with the manager and he started asking me some questions typical questions, it only took about 20 minutes and he told me that I got hired for the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied for a delivery driver position at UPS online. Within a week or so, I received an email reply stating that they would like to schedule an interview with me in person. A week later, I am at one of their stationed location being interviewed by 2 of their HR reps. Most of the questions were asking if I have an experience driving a commercial vehicle and for how long. Never received a phone cal or email back. Disappointed

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you where you had to work with a difficult co-worker. how did you solve this dilemma   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Kisco, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Mount Kisco, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview started with a group discussion basically giving information on the company and to expect on the job. Then an individual interview right after - basic questions, easy, not long. You then wait to be contacted to take a driving test - must know how to use a manual shift. Truck is not the greatest, shifting not like a car.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to follow all safety rules?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Dulles, VA).

Interview

It was very short and easy. The questions were pretty much closed ended questions and not open ended at all really. They did not seem very organized. When you get called in, they give you an orientation with other applicants. Then you will have a one on one interview.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Midtown Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Was pretty simple, asked the basic interview questions. Took a copy of driving abstract and did a quick physical test. Started working a few days after. Hr guy was really nice. Basically tells you all the good stuff about the job and leaves all the bad stuff out.