UPS Driver Helper Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Driver Helper Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

1.4

Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in December 2014.

Interview

They had us in the lobby for a cool minutes escorted us to the back room asked a couple questions regarding what area we live in took everybody who lived in that area in a separate room ran a background check gave us the uniform and sent us on our way

Interview Questions

• Are you able to go here if the driver calls you and ask you to meet them there?   Answer Question

Negotiation

10 dollar a hour

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Driver Helper Interview

Interview

interview was easy. it took an hour. It was a group interview. 25 people. the first 40 minutes was a group interview and explanation of the job?

Anonymous Employee in Sharonville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Sharonville, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I originally showed interest in the position before the positions were available. When one opened up i got an email telling me to complete my application which was very helpful! I immediately set up an interview which was held the following day. The interview was held one on one with an hr rep. He seemed as though it was his first time interviewing. I was called two days later for training and then started the following day. The whole process was so fast and easy I wish every interview process was like this!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a customer is upset about the length of time it took for their package to get delivered?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It's a seasonal position and the pay was well above what I thought it would be so I really had nothing to negotiate.

Driver Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring "interview" is nothing more then a cattle call. They schedule as many people as possible at the same time to come interview, give a run down of the job to the group, then will meet each person individually for 30 seconds to a few minutes just to make sure you meet the qualifications (availability being the main one).. You must be available from 10am until 10pm M-F. You will only work part of that time, but it can be anytime between those hours. Other then that, you have to pass a background check, its quick, so I doubt its that thorough. I got a call back to let me know I had the job the very next day.

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy, if you have already coordinated with a specific driver ahead of time. If you have you will automatically get the job. It's not really an interview. They just ask for some basic info and maybe ask you 1 question. I don't know any case of them turning anyone down, after the initial online background screening.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a time you've demonstrated the importance of safety?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UPS (Bloomington, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview went well.I went to the local UPs hub,a supervisor asked me a few questions about my work history and driving history and then we went for a test drive in one of the vans which I did better than average in but when I started the job I didn't drive one time.

Anonymous Employee in Addison, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Addison, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Thr0ugh the Snagajob website, I applied and was directed to the online application at UPS.com. I filled out background information, education and work experience. I answered some additional questions basic questions. Once I submitted the application I was contacted to come in for an interview and told to bring with me two forms of identification such as a drivers license and passport. When I arrived at the interview I was asked to read and complete as additional online application. After completing that, I was called in for a one on one interview. It was very basic and only lasted 10-15n minutes. I was asked a few questions about my work experience and why I wanted the job. I was provided information about the job and included an explanation of the basic job tasks. I was told once paper work was processed, I would be contacted to attend an orientation and training session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straight forward. I was told exactly what I would be making and the basic terms of employment as a part time seasonal position.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at UPS (Baltimore, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Simple not alot of questions basic stuff.. went thru 2 interviews alot of people where thier so be ready interview lasted 10min that's all ..i would dress up bcuz no one did

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but it's ok

Driver Helper Interview

Interview

Applied online. Then you get a interview day and time at the end of application. The interview is done in a group format. They ask you past experience, what skills you have and why you want to work for UPS. They only call if you get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at UPS (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Was very quick and painless, applied, went in to talk to HR, and was basically handed the job with no questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating really.