UPS Interview Questions in Greenville, SC | Glassdoor

UPS Interview Questions in Greenville, SC

3.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Is like any other company you go online fill in an application, an hr rep calls you with sample interview questions, tell me about a time about this...etc. make sure you read the job description, then if you go to the next step after the phone interview they'll sent you an online assessment which is really HARD they're like critical thinking questions! with right and wrong answers is 18 questions and you have 20 mins. YOU MUST PASS it in order to get to the in-person interview! I didn't passed it.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC).

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. Very basic. Simple questions covering your background.

The 2nd interview was with two employees. Scripted, long, boring. I was there for an hour and a half. Do not try charm them. As another review says about the questions"they are situational, they are very cold and very cut and dry"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview is pretty basic/easy. After that is an assessment test, and be prepared it's no walk in the park. After that is a panel interview (mine was through a webcam). The questions they ask are very long and very specific. They are situational, they are very cold and very cut and dry. No charming your way through this interview, its all based on your past situations.

Interview Questions

• Good traits of a salesman?
      When its ok to accept no from customer?   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Went in and took a tour of the facility also interacted with some of the current package handlers to see what the job consists of. It's nonstop work with minimum pay($11/hr). The free benefits after a year of employment is the balance to the low wage. I was told they like to target the college crowd as they have position they would like to fill if your college degree fits the position.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in January 2014.

Interview

I first got a phone interview with a remote recruiter who wanted to know whether I was a strong negotiator. If passed, a video conference or on-location panel interview will be scheduled with an HR representative and a hiring manager. My particular training class started one month after getting offer in another city. No relocation assistance for this position but opportunity for advancement once there. Six weeks of negotiation and UPS training occur before being placed in a "growth group" until a geographical territory opens up (no commission is earned in the growth group). Commission can be lucrative if area is successful but all territories are not created equal.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle adversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest strength?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle hearing no in a negotiation?   1 Answer
    • Are you a self-motivator or do you take direction from others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Interview process is designed to be intimidating. They read from a script; read a very long detailed explanation of their process, tell you a list of all the tenets they are covering - and then ask you a very vague question which you must apply to all the previously read details - and your experience. The word Military was used, stealing packages from the hands of the US Mail and others, and they admitted to lots of Pressure .... In hindsight - I should have read the reviews and declined the interview. Not "passing" the panel interview was a blessing.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Met initially with someone from human resources...made it through the initial screening. Then did an online sales assessment. Got a call that I had passed that and that the next step was a panel interview. That lasted about an hour and consisted of very specic questions that related to very specific customers and occurances. What happened, what did I do, what was the outcome? There were three people on the panel and each of them had 4 questions. This interview is scored and this score is added to the online sales assessment score to know who they will be making offers to.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a problem that a customer had that you were unable to resolve.   2 Answers
    • Tell about a time that you had a disagreement or arguement with a co-worker. Why, what did you do , what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview and panel interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a problem with a co-worker you couldn't solve?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in December 2010.

Interview

I met with two ladies from HR for our initial one one interview. It consisted mainly of questions about my past work experience and goals in the future. Shortly afterwords I was called and passed through to the next round which consisted of an online skills/problem solving test. After completing and passing that I was a scheduled for a panel interview. The panel interview was with two management level employees and was scripted and laid out very professionally. A few weeks later I was offered the job; the entire process took about 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to solve a conflict or problem within a group or work setting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Greenville, SC) in August 2010.

Interview

The process began when a company recruiter called me and stated she would like to ask me a few questions. She basically asked about what I did in my present position, then I asked for some specific information regarding the daily duties involved in their position. This was followed by an in-person meeting where a test was administered regarding personality types. Ultimately I withdrew my candidacy because I did not feel that it was a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about selling on the telephone?   Answer Question
    • Do you feel that you are intruding when you call customers on the phone?   Answer Question