UPS Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN | Glassdoor

UPS Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

Updated Apr 19, 2017

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

Was very informative and nice that each person applying was actually taken for a tour to see the locations and responsibility first hand. Options of locations to work and hours available where also given

Interview Questions

• Most questions revered to my resume. Don't worry if you don't have one. You will be fine.   1 Answer

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy . Apparently all they are worried about is how many hours you can work.
    Asked me what shift and what location
    went over pay and benefits
    went over safety
    and everything else was just setting me up for my first day.
     no drug test

UPS Part-time Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

the hiring process was easy i was nervous but who isnt i enjoyed my interview she was very laid back she didnt judge me on my prior experiences she was very nice . also everytime i had a question or a problem i went back to her for advice its like we had a friendship she talked me into going into supervision. she helped me the whole way through

Interview Questions

• why would i like to work at ups   1 Answer

UPS Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

This was my 2nd time inquiring about the same job. I first applied in Sept 2013. The first step was to tour the facility with other applicants. After the tour, I decided that more money would've been nice, but it wasn’t absolutely necessary at the time and declined the opportunity to interview. Fast forward to Aug 2015…my family size has since doubled and I am now in need of additional income. I applied again, went on another tour, and scheduled an interview for the next morning. After the weird interview I was told that I would hear from them if I was selected. I haven’t heard from them almost 3 weeks later so I’m assuming I wasn’t selected.

It doesn’t seem as if they’re “UPS as a 2nd job” friendly. During both tours, and during the one interview, the HR reps seemed to be preoccupied with saying how physically difficult the job was…and almost doubting that you can do the job at all, especially it if you already another job. That's what made the interview weird. It literally almost turned into a debate about my ability and motivation to do the job. It was really dumb.

But ultimately, i think it was my inflexibility to work overtime during my selected shift (4am-9am). The ability to work overtime is a requirement for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • This is a physically demanding job. What makes you think you can do it?   1 Answer
    • You already have a job, so what would be your motivation for doing this very difficult job?   1 Answer

UPS Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

They show you how hard the loaders work so you can make a decision if you want to try or not. They will hire you if you show up. Easy 10 dollars an hour.

Feeder Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2014.

Interview

apply online, get an interview scheduled online for the next day or 2. this was highly convenient and the HR rep was easily accessible. I really liked this process a lot. There's not a lot else to say except that making me write a 30 word minimum is very egregious lol

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with being on call 24/7?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

We were talked to in a group. If you fill out the application online and they do not give you an interview by the time you are done with the online application you will probably not get hired. If you did and it is in a big city for a main hub there will be other people in the class everyone gets a tour he ask if you think you can do the job and if you say yes you come back and then you are hired you fill out paper work as a class and then you get your start day and time.

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

The process was incredibly easy. They called you in first to take a tour of the warehouse then a separate day for the interview. I saw people in jeans and a t-shirt. Everyone got the job, and frequently as an employee I saw people who were unable to complete the "requirements" laid out in the interview; for example being able to lift 70 pounds.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of UPS?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy. I walked in and there were 6 other applicants waiting to be interviewed. One person from HR interviewed us individually, asking very easy, straightforward questions from a list. After we had all interviewed, the HR person gave us a tour of the warehouse to show us the work environment we would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift objects up to xx pounds? Are you available during scheduled work times?   1 Answer

Loader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Met at 10pm at night, signed up for the shift I wanted to work, toured the facility and assured the manager I would have no issues. I was hired on site.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work at UPS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hired on the spot