UPS Industrial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Industrial Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at UPS

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Louisville, KY) in January 2011.

Interview

My interview consisted of 1 single interview which determined if I was to be offered the job. UPS has a policy of interviewing a minimum of 3 individuals and there were 4 individuals including myself selected for my open position. The interview was a panel interview lead by the department manager with department supervisors (potential bosses) present. 4 people total. Primary questions asked where 1. Describe my current experience at UPS thus far, 2. What were my future plans, and 3. What have I done to improve the operation or a system. The 3rd question was the critical one. After being selected from the group, the 2 key reasons I was told I received the offer was 1. because of my positive energy and 2. because of my response to what I have improved within my immediate operation(s) in the past.

Interview Questions

• There were not any unexpected technical questions from my perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The position came with set hours and the same pay I was already being paid. Known facts before the interview process.

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Interview

UPS promotes from within. I expressed interest in management as a driver and was promoted from this position to full time management. The interview was conducted by the District IE Manager who rode on car with me for a full day to get to know me and ask a lot of questions. I also had to take an aptitude type test to measure my compatibility with UPS management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in full time management?   3 Answers

Negotiation

There was no salary negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Relaxed. The Interviewer was relatively friendly. Interviewer concentrated on my day to day responsibilities at my current job. Questionnaire theme focused on Scheduling and Forecasting. Interviewer had equal weightage of Technical & Behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Forecasting technique suggested for workforce management?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and hiring manager emailed me to set up a phone call. I had 2 relatively straight forward behavioral phone interviews, and was offered the job about a week or two after the last one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The Interview process was very well structured. The team overall was great, very nice and easy going. They wanted to know what you could bring to the team company overall.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very well structured. They have really high standards. The interview difficulty was average, although there is a 4hrs Management readiness exam that you must take after you're given the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals with this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position on UPS website but was contacted by a manager from a different department looking to hire someone for another position. The interview process was very tedious. 1st visit - I met the manager who called me, he thought I'm a good fit so he started the "official" UPS interview process, which was handled by a HR personnel. 2nd visit - I got a background check and took a written exam at the UPS facility, which involved math, writing, and behavior questions. My results were good so we proceeded to the next step. 3rd visit - I met with several (4-5) UPS employees and conducted an typical interview. The answers would be graded by the interviewers. My score was satisfactory and we proceeded t the next step. 4th visit - I visited the ACTUAL office where I would be working at if I get hired. Interviewed by the regional director and then he took me to the manager who was ultimately the person hiring (not the same manager who called me initially). Casually interviewed by the manager and got some background information of the project that his team is working on.

Throughout the whole interview process, no technical question was asked (It is an entry level position). All interview questions were behavior/scenario type of questions, or were related to your current/past work experience

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current job?
      Why do you think you are a good fit of this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I visited their office and met with one of the engineers. He asked me to tell him about myself and went down my resume. He described the job and asked me about my life goals. I was then offered the position about two weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

It was a basic run through of my resume and experiences. I was asked about my interests and how they align with UPS's interests as a company. Also asked about what I could bring to the table. It was very straightforward and the interviewer was pleasant.