UPS Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

UPS Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview process begins with a call from someone in Human Resources who provides extensive information about the position and obtains information about professional background. A candidate then receives an e-mail message that provides a link to an assessment that requires approximately an hour to complete. Based on successful scoring, the next step is an interview with a panel of two or more people who ask standard questions about sales and customer service, and how and why the candidate would like to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a situation in which you were unable to resolve a conflict which involved customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UPS

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position from a pop up ad about 2 days before I got a brief phone interview. During the phone interview, they go over your resume, with your job history confirming that the dates are correct. They give you a brief overview of what the position entails, pay, and schedule. If you are comfortable with that, they send you over a assessment. It's HARD. They will tell you to make sure you finish it, because it goes over how many questions you got right. It is timed, so if you do not complete it, it counts against you. The other part of the test are basic personality questions and questions about your work ethic. All in all, it takes about an hour to complete. After you compete the test, if they decide to move you forward, you will get a phone call for your panel interview. They invite you to go to the facility, listen to some sample calls, take a tour of the building, and lastly, have your panel interview with a supervisor and a HR rep. They give you a notebook and pencil to jot down answers which is great because it gives you a second to think about your answers and stick to the questions versus rambling on and on. They ask you random questions from a paper that you get to see as well, and they are taking notes the whole time. Pretty basic situational and behavioral questions. Answer in the STAR format and you'll be golden. After you're done, they will ask you if you have any questions, and then you're done! It was a pretty simple easy process, besides the test haha but I got a call the next morning asking to accept the offer! I start next month and super excited! Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

• When is it okay to for a customer to say no to you?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a dissatisfied customer who isn't giving you enough information to help them out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I had to fill out a lengthy application and then I had a phone interview followed by a skype interview that resulted in me getting offered the position. This was my first skype interview and I thought it was cool because I only had to dress up from the waste up. I was interviewed by 2 women and the questions were reasonable, I didn't think there was any that caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• They were basic customer service and sales questions e.g. Describe how you handled a difficult customer and what was the result? When would you deem a product unfit for a customer? They also stressed that they wanted SPECIFIC events that took place when answering the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UPS (Denver, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and did a phone interview. This was followed by a test. The test was for personality traits and skills. After the test, I was scheduled for a web-cam interview with a panel. This portion of the process took about an hour and was very intensive, asking a lot of questions about past experiences.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS.

Interview

Within two weeks of applying online, I had a phone interview with the head HR lady in Atlanta. After successful completion of that, I was sent an online assessment to complete. You must pass the test in order to move to the next step in the interview process. The test had 18 questions and was given 20 minutes to complete it. It was pretty challenging. After passing that, I was called in for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you help a customer who had no idea what they wanted?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

The first phase of the process is confirming that the information you submitted on the application is true and accurate. They're serious about it- don't bother applying if you plan on lying. This phone call may seem tedious, but it's really important to the company's standards, so just go with it.

If you move on to the second phase of the process, you will drive to the building for an in-person interview. This phase takes about two hours, so make sure you have time. You take a tour of the building, listen to a sample of a phone call, take an IQ-style problem-solving test, answer situational interview questions, and then ask questions of your own. Not too bad, but bring your A-game.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a SPECIFIC time when you were confronted with a difficult situation at work, and how you resolved it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

After applying a recruiter would call you, tell you how great it was if he liked you enough over the phone he would send you a test to take that you HAVE to pass for employment. It has nothing to do with the job itself and takes around an hour. After you pass you set up an in person interview with a floor supervisor and HR representative. standard interview. not too hard but a lot of the questions were the :name a time and how did you react" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer and how did that work out for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

First you will do a phone screening with HR, then you will have an online assessment that you must pass, after the assessment is the tour of the facility and the panel interview with at least one management team member and a HR representative.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers asked me if I was sure UPS was a fit for me and why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

2 person panel. You also will receive a tour of the company when the interview process starts. The process takes about 2 hours.

Best Advice: Just relax, and answer the question with this format

Tell a story

how it impacted the audience

and what you learn from the process.

good luck

Interview Questions

• 4 sheets with 5 question on each sheet.- the question will be picked random depending on what the manager picks   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UPS (San Antonio, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Feb 3rd. I was called in April 29th for an on the spot phone interview. I passed that. I was sent an assessment online (which is timed and ridiculous). I made it to question 11 out of 25. I was all about quality over quantity. I definitely would never pass this in the real world. They called the next day and offered me an in person interview. I wasn't sure of when the lady would call me. We kept playing phone tag. They're not allowed to set up interviews through email... eventually they asked me if I really wanted the interview or not and I decided to take it! I'm so thankful I did. I went to the location and first was taken on a tour and was allowed to ask questions. Then I was part of a panel interview and was asked each question in a certain format, (STAR). You must answer this way to get hired.

Interview Questions

• When is it okay for a customer to say no?   2 Answers